Question for Professionals?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I found the following quote on a Penny Stock Companies web site. I do own stock in this Company. I was under the impression that Ecuador and Peru does not allow Treasure Salvage in those Countries. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the treasure salvage laws of those Countries ? Last year this same Company claimed that they found a $300,000,000 Treasure Wreck. I have yet to hear any proof of that and the last thing I heard was that this companies Treasure Salvage Boat the " Beacon" had a Federal Lien against it. I'm just trying to figure out if my stock in this company will ever be worth anything.

quote from website below.

"Over the centuries hundreds of ships were lost along the west coast of South America as they sailed the coast laden with treasure and other merchandise. The South Sea Expeditions Project, working in cooperation with the Governments of Ecuador, Peru and Chile, will continue to locate and recover treasure from these lost Spanish galleon."

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If yer talkin bout RSOPS, me thinks she be a dead fish.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
signumops said:
If yer talkin bout RSOPS, me thinks she be a dead fish.

Terry, Thanks, that's who I was talking about. They merged with another company whose stock symbol ORRV. The last I heard they didn't have any boats in the water and when I read on their website a few days ago that they were going to work in Ecuador and Peru. It didn't sound right.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RSOPS and Wilf Blum's outfit have joined together. Now, this confab might not necessarily be a bad thing at all... don't get me wrong on that. I know one of their underlying support managers and he thinks it is a good thing. Meanwhile, I also know somebody who has had dealings with one of the major players and that perspective does not fill my heart with glee. I fell into this discussion while trying to find out more about the "Deep Scan", a boat originally owned by Rick Lyteous, now the property of this new company I mentioned.

As far a Ecuador is concerned... yankee go home!... whereas I have heard no such proclamations from Peru, but, my understanding from somebody who has actually BEEN there and done that is that Peru has no patrimonial agreements with anybody for any percentages. Ergo, "dead fish". Sorry.

I should also add that the new outfit is alleged to have a "project somewhere in Central America", but I have no idea where otherwise.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Terry, If you are thinking of buying the Deep Scan. Please!!!!, Please get in touch with me. DO NOT Do it!!! I've worked on the Deep Scan. I helped bring it down from N. Carolina to Key West. The Deep Scan almost sank in 3 foot seas.
At the present time the rear deck has huge holes in it. The outdrives on the back are full of barnacles and look like they are shot.
I have some recent pictures of vessel if you want them. PM me and if you lost my cell #. I'll give it to you.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warning, but I've already heard the same from some other folks and really did not have any inclination to buy it, or even use it. Actually, what I would like to find at the moment is a small steel barge with a honkin huge diesel and a blaster that would run around 60 degrees instead of 90. If anybody out there has such a fix, let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread