Mark Fleckenstein

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I had known Mark for about 6 years. He started out as an investor in several of my projects and quickly became a friend and colleague. We have children the same age. Mark and I worked together on the Outer Banks of NC. and both coasts of Florida.

There are a few other people on this shipwreck forum who were close to him as well.

I haven't confirmed the details yet of his passing, and will only say that he was going through a very difficult divorce.

RIP buddy.

Tom

Attachments

• Mark F Cape Romano.jpg
    Mark F Cape Romano.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 788

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
I just don't know how to say how deeply distraught I am about this news. He was a friend of mine that loved hunting history, had a flair for fun and generosity that couldn't be seconded by anyone. In my recent down times, even with all that he was going through, he gave me words of encouragement and faith when others had abandoned me.

Over the past few months, we had been communicating a lot about everything going on in our lives and until last week, I thought he was getting through things. I am just f'ing speechless and at the moment, don't know what else to say.

I loved you like my older brother Mark. I am so very sorry I didn't see this coming.

May the peace of Mother Ocean open her arms to you and all her secrets reveal themselves. And until she claims me, and we meet again bro, our love for the sea shall never wane.

Sean (Reef Dawg) Murphy

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mark Andrew Fleckenstein, 50, went to be with our Lord on Sunday, February 14, 2010 in Decatur.

Funeral services will be held at Becker-Ritter Funeral Home in Brookfield, Wisconsin.

Mark was born May 8, 1959 in Brookfield, Wisconsin to Andrew and Rita Stevens Fleckenstein. He married Katherine Ladell on July 18, 1992 in Brookfield.

Left behind to cherish his memory are his wife of 18 years, Kathy Fleckenstein of Decatur; three sons, James, Jake and Jeff Fleckenstein; father, Andy Fleckenstein and wife, Jan; mother, Rita Stevens all of Wisconsin; two brothers, John and Paul Fleckenstein of Wisconsin; and two sisters, Sue Eringuurd of Michigan and Carolyn Scott of Wisconsin.

Coker-Hawkins Funeral Home 940/627-5959

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We lost one of the few good ones Sunday. :-( He was a great friend, and I'll miss him terribly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread