Program to find areas of shipwrecks

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.I appreciate an information. I heard of an odds calculator program to find areas of shipwrecks. In other words, knowing the nautical data, wind, current, and so on, can hypothesize an area. Anyone know how it is called or where can get it? The assistance will be grateful.
Cheers VV

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Maybe you are refering to the program used to find the "Central America", mentioned in the book "Ship of gold in the deep blue sea" by Gary Kinder. This program was also mentioned in a post here on the forum not long ago but I can't find it now.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wrecker said:
Maybe you are refering to the program used to find the "Central America", mentioned in the book "Ship of gold in the deep blue sea" by Gary Kinder. This program was also mentioned in a post here on the forum not long ago but I can't find it now.

Wreck,
In 2003 I met in Miami, Paul Tidwell. I think remember he told me about this program and actually, this forum addressed the issue, but I can not find it.
Cheers VV

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The program or data wont do you any good unless you have stories from survivors and a aprox long and lat and the conditions,wind waves,currents and no real storm data.Alot of ships sink at sea with no traces of survivors or debris.In the case of the SS central america they got lucky,even had other ships picking up survivors with the long and lat of their locations so they could figger out the drift.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
The program or data wont do you any good unless you have stories from survivors and a aprox long and lat and the conditions,wind waves,currents and no real storm data.Alot of ships sink at sea with no traces of survivors or debris.In the case of the SS central america they got lucky,even had other ships picking up survivors with the long and lat of their locations so they could figger out the drift.

I have all this data from survivors, by other commanders of other ships of the same fleet. etc. and then?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread