Ocean Critters !

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peerless, apol. but I lost this series. Yes I was definitely warned about them when I was working on receiving my land grant on the tributory of the upper amazon in the 50's.

Only surgery will remove them, they have a series of spines on their head which they erect to keep from being expelled.

You have to be in the water waist deep or more, for them to get into you. Peeing from the bank is safe unless a croc gets you he he he .

Don Jose de La Mancha

seascan

Greenie
Apr 23, 2003
Juno Beach, FL
These guys are pretty common in deepwater. They were caught hitchhiking on an ROV system.

Attachments

• ROV Hitchhiker 1.JPG
    ROV Hitchhiker 1.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 394
  • ROV Hitchhiker 2.JPG
    ROV Hitchhiker 2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 388

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes the urine seeking ultra tiny mini catfish of the amazon are very well known of and very nasty to deal with -- they will smell your pee in the water and travel to it --going in and up the passage the urine comes out of while you are in the water ---once "in" it begins to feed by a blood sucker leech type method --in catfish fashion it locks open its barbs to prevent being expelled / easily removed -- of course this is massively painful and many times fatal to the human host .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions