Shipwreck...Scammers are back???...

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received an email...hmmm wonder who this is from :wink: :-\ :o :laughing9:

Trez

Hi,

We have a great archival documentation related to the spanish shipwrecks (also spanish fleets) which sank in Florida, Bahama and Caribbean waters over the centuries. This collection is composed of shipping documents from historic accounts, books and archives. This is a goldmine of digital documents, images and old maps. Our DVD contains archival material which provides a broad context of the history of navigation and exploration. Documents concerning ship´s officers, crew, and inventories, some from copies of private archives made in the 17th and 18th century contains extensive documentation dealing with spanish fleet instructions, shipboard armament, and provisioning.

If you have an interest, feel free to write to us. We accept Paypal payment which protect both sides.

Regards,
Spanishwrecks.eu Team

maximushisp

Feb 4, 2005
Re: Shipwreck...Scammers are back...

Trez said:
Just received an email...hmmm wonder who this is from :wink: :-\ :o :laughing9:

Trez

Hi,

We have a great archival documentation related to the spanish shipwrecks (also spanish fleets) which sank in Florida, Bahama and Caribbean waters over the centuries. This collection is composed of shipping documents from historic accounts, books and archives. This is a goldmine of digital documents, images and old maps. Our DVD contains archival material which provides a broad context of the history of navigation and exploration. Documents concerning ship´s officers, crew, and inventories, some from copies of private archives made in the 17th and 18th century contains extensive documentation dealing with spanish fleet instructions, shipboard armament, and provisioning.

If you have an interest, feel free to write to us. We accept Paypal payment which protect both sides.

Regards,
Spanishwrecks.eu Team

Me too.

Maximus

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar

OMG, not this scam again. How long is this one going to circulate before it runs out of victims?

It's like getting a prize announcement from a South African lottery. LOL

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I sent back an email stating I had an interest....the response posted below (they also sent back several files for me to download-if anyone wants them just ask- or maybe I will just post).

"Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear you could have an interest in such
collection. Our main interest is archival research and marine history. Diving and sailing also. We spend a lof of time in the archives and museums. We have had many friends over the years. For example we know Lt. Commander D.W. Waters who was a Deputy Director of the National Maritime Museum in London. I have also friends in Ministry of Defence in UK. However most of our time we
spend in the spanish archives. I know Mr. Francisco Javier Alvarez Pinedo who is a Jefe Departamento de Referencias in Archivo General de Simancas, Mrs. Isabelle Cebellos from Archivo General de Indias in Seville and some people from Biblioteca Nacional Madrid. We have an access to the sections usualy closed for the other "investigadores". Please open an attatchments, you will find more info about me and my work.

Okay, let me tell you what we have right now. We have a great documentation related to the spanish silver fleets:

* Spanish Fleet 1606 (San Roque, Santo Domingo, Nuestra Senora de Begona and San
Ambrosio) under general Luis Fernandez de Cordoba. These are ship manifests, logbooks, witnesses descriptions, some nautical charts which shows the position of the wrecks. For example one of the document: "Testimonio de autos sobre la perdida de cuatro galeones de la Armada de Luis de Cordoba", 1606, diciembre, 14, La Habana.

* Spanish Fleet 1622 and the ship San Agustin which sank in the Florida waters, and other ships from that fleet.

* Spanish Fleet 1623 and the galeon San Jose under Tomas de Larraspuru which sank in San Juan de Puerto Rico.

* Spanish Fleet 1623 (tres galeones Nuestra Senora de Iciar, Santisima Trinidad y Espiritu Santo under don Antonio de Oquendo) which sank in Florida.

* Spanish Fleet 1628 which sank in Matanzas waters, Cuba.

* Spanish Fleet 1630 (galeon Nuestra Senora de Candelaria) under don Tomas de Larraspuru which sank in Florida waters.

* Spanish Fleet 1631 (La Almiranta Santa Teresa, and La Capitana Nuestra Senora del Juncal under Miguel de Echazarreta-Manuel Serrano de Rivera) which sank in Vera Cruz waters.

* Spanish Fleet 1631 and La Almiranta San Jose which sank in Islas Garachine.

* Spanish Fleet 1639 and La Urca Hercules de la Armada de don Geronimo Gomez de Sandoval which sank in Cayo Libizas.

* Spanish Fleet 1641 and the ships which sank in Los Abrojos waters.

* Spanish Fleet 1642 under don Francisco Diaz Pimienta which sank in Florida waters.

* Spanish Fleet 1656 and the wreck La Madama de Brasil which sank in Bahama waters.

* Spanish Fleet 1660 and the wreck Aviso which sank in Florida waters.

We also have a great collection of documents related to several other ships like the galeon of Pedro Menendez which sank in 1562 in Dry Tortugas waters, the ships which sank in 1567 in Dominica Island wates, the ship San Cayetano which sank in 1739 in Florida waters, the ship Nuestra Senora del Carmen which sank in 1739 in Great Inagua waters and many other shipwrecks.

If you are interested in such collection and if you think you would like to cooperate with us, please let us know. We have a few hundred archival pages in a very good resolution and we have just created our own DVD disk with most of them. We can sell such DVD disk for a reasonable price (250US$). We are sending a few samples to show you that we have such documentation.

We accept PayPal to guarantee the highest security of our transaction.

Yours sincerely,
Nowak & Romankiewicz"

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

This is an almost identical listing that is offered on E-Bay.

Where is my Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat? LOL

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

silly rabbit! :violent1:

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
First time getting it. Seems like they probably stripped all the addresses off the member information pages.

ShipwrecksGuru

Greenie
Jan 14, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs, White's, MineLab, Garrett, AquaScan, etc.
I got the same email and since I am always interested in research contacts I wrote them back, stating among other things:
When I tried to go to what I assume is your web site (http://www.spanishwrecks.eu), it did not yet exist. Instead, it said it was 'under construction.' Since, no where in your email or on your website do you identify who you are, why should I or anyone else think that your research is worth whatever it is that you are asking for your DVD.

They wrote back, again without identifying themselves by name, so I wrote: You still have not actually identified yourself. I don't know if that was intentional or simply an oversight. If intentional, please take my name off your email list. I don't do business with people who aren't willing to give full and accurate information about themselves. Assuming your lack of identification was an oversight, I would still like to know more about you in case I need some work done or someone asks me for a recommendation.

This time I got an email in which the sender identified himself as "Mr. Romankiewicz (Spanishwrecks.eu team)" and this time I wrote: When I googled you I came up with a link about your offer being a scam. You might want to check it out at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=302519.0;wap2 * * * Honest people don't (usually) try to remain hidden when they are offering supposedly valuable research. Unless you fully identify yourself with full names, accurate mailing addresses, and working phone numbers, I must assume you are exactly how others are describing you, and ask you to take me off your email list.

I honestly don't know if they are scammers or not, but when identities are hidden it certainly makes me wonder. If anyone knows who this person really is, I think everyone would appreciate knowing.

Lee
Dr. E. Lee Spence
843 532-8222

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spanishwrecks.eu

Its pawel again,heres all this info on his website.Send complaints to his isp.Get him shut down!

His web hoster

http://www.az.pl/
its in polish but im sure you can find a abuse email adress there.

English version:
http://www.az.pl/en/
Customer Service DNS, Domain Dept.
Office hours: 8.00 am to 4.00 pm weekdays
Telephone: +48 22 380 83 00, 8.00 am to 5.00 pm weekdays
Fax: +48 22 380 83 01, 24h
Email: [email protected]

Attachments

• spanishshipwreckDomainowner.jpg
    spanishshipwreckDomainowner.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 834
  • spanishshipwreckDomainowner2.jpg
    spanishshipwreckDomainowner2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 799
  • pawel1.jpg
    pawel1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 831
  • pawel2.jpg
    pawel2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 892
  • pawel.jpg
    pawel.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • conoffer.jpg
    conoffer.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 866

ShipwrecksGuru

Greenie
Jan 14, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
I am confused. Although I don't like people trying to hide their identity when they are trying to sell me something, and I think the $400 price tag on the DVD was too high, especially considering how widely available much of the information seems to be, I still don't understand why people are accusing Pawel Thomas Nowak of being a crook. (see: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/TIPET/powel.htm)

Is he? And if so, what has he actually done to merit that title?

It is an old list, but Nowak's site (with a now out of date link) does appear on a list of sites on National Geographic's web site
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2001/07/01/html/ft_20010701.4.html.

Spanish Shipwrecks Resources Inc.
www.shipwrecks.hg.pl/document_1628.html
Independent researcher and archivist Pawel Tomas Nowak’s site is devoted to Spanish and English history, with a focus on maritime archaeology. It includes Nowak’s research on shipwrecks found in Caribbean waters, as a result of working together with pathologists and linguists to “decipher archival documents” in libraries and record repositories in Spain, Portugal, and England. Visitors to this site can order copies of the original manuscripts written by various Spanish admirals of wrecked treasure ships, but must pay to do so.

So, what is the truth? Is Nowak a crook or is he just a researcher who sincerely thinks his product is both worthwhile and valuable?

Lee

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lee, not only is he a crook - he's a well-known one in T-net circles for nearly a decade. It doesn't take but a few newbies to make his continued scams worthwhile.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lee,

If you dont believe us.Send pawel some money and see what you get.But dont come back here whining that you got ripped off and pawel sent you some bogus shipwreck info that he found on the net for free or he forged some documents.Im surprised pawel isnt in some prison somewhere with all the people he has scammed.Most likely the reason is once someone got scammed by him,they wrote it up as a loss and dont persue it anymore.Plus hes in another country.Pawel not only deals in shipwreck info but WW2 relics he says he has collected.Even guns.He scams people off of the auctions sites as well,ebay,gun broker.The guy just needs to be locked up,keel hauled or worse.Karma will get him one day.

JDW1954

Greenie
Dec 31, 2009
Stop making stupid threads... Just wanted to give feedback about this researcher...

I've been looking for some "1623 Oquendo" documentation, but so far I haven't been able to find any thing. I found his "add". I told him I wanted to learn everything I could find out about the "1623 Oqundo". He ultimately decided to cooperate with me, and I was able to learn a great deal about him. I am very like to cooperate with this researcher for ... After talking with him on the phone, we made a deal. And I got the stuff I was looking for.

BTW, this Guy Accepts PayPal. Paypal payment is secured. PayPal can help protect your purchases, no matter where you shop.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
JDW,
How do you know the information that you got was correct? Many years ago, I had already known about Nowak, when he contacted me about a shipwreck in the Caribbean. I concocted a bogus shipwreck (name, date, location), and asked him for information. Sure enough back came the information that I asked for, all phoney.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pawel is not a researcher,he is a scammer.Its strange you just signed up here defending him.Show us what you bought from him.And pawels real phone number.Paypal doesnt protect anyone that gets scammed on the net.

If pawel is such a good guy to you,then why the bad rep he has scamming people on the net?

See the links.1000's of em.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yfp-t-701-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF8&rd=r2&p=tomasz pawel nowak

Pawel has so many fans that they hacked one of his websites.
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/TIPET/offernowak.htm

JDW1954

Greenie
Dec 31, 2009
I'm not going to defend anyone... but I I'm actually going to defend this researcher on this one. I've been looking for this precise info on this subject for a long time ("1623 Oquendo"). I paid $75.00 by paypal. I got bunch of info.

JDW

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 743
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 801
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 779
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 773
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 745
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 781
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 750
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 766

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
HEY EVERYONE!

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

Look at the use of this phrase from JDW1954's posting above;

" I am very like to cooperate with this researcher for...."

The improper useage of the words "I am very like to," is indicative of someone from Romania, Russia or other non English European country. It is these very tell all clues that are rampant in scams of every sort originating from overseas scammers. I must also include in this a possibility it may not be Pawel, but some scammer from Benine. (Africa)

ADDITIONALLY, JDW1954 shows a British Flag Icon. If that is the case, my question is, "since when do the Brits use improper English in their writing, or have such poor writing skills?

Just my observation. If I am wrong, please excuse me in advance.

JDW1954

Greenie
Dec 31, 2009
Just to be clear, I am Taiwanese. Live in Preston, UK. Please excuse my poor English...

JDW (J Wank)

ShipwrecksGuru

Greenie
Jan 14, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
I mentioned that National Geographic included Nowak in a list of where to go for research, but although such inclusion might give the appearance of credibility it certainly doesn't guarantee it. That was actually my point. After all, as much as I respect and like National Geographic, that organization has made its share of glaring mistakes.

But in a larger sense, what I was doing was taking a neutral position (because I have no inside knowledge about him) and encouraging people to give their reasons for attacking him or defending him.

Regardless, I was not defending Pawel Nowak or anyone else. I was asking questions because I don't know the facts. In fact, in my first message on this topic, I clearly spelled out my displeasure about his not being forthcoming about who he was, his effective refusal to give a mailing address, no direct phone number, no working web site, etc. Such refusal on his part does not build trust.

It is only my personal opinion, but I don't trust him, that is why I asked him to take me off his email list.

Lee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread