Seafarer Exploration Files "SLAPP Suit" against Captain

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
Seafarer Exploration Files "SLAPP Suit" against Captain

This morning, March 6th, 2010, the former Captain and Director of Operations, Sean Murphy was served a lawsuit filed by Seafarer Exploration Corporation less than (96) hours after Sean Murphy filed (2) lawsuits against them.

The lawsuit contains (5) counts for Civil Theft, Breach of Contract, Injunctive Relief, Liable and Negligence.

Seafarer v. Sean Murphy Case # 10 004674 Division F (Hillsborough County, Florida)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Seafarer Exploration Files "Slap Suit" against Captain

At least 27 states and one territory have enacted statutory protections against SLAPPs. These are Arizona, Arkansas, , Calif., Delaware, FLORIDA, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, and Washington. These laws vary dramatically in scope and level of protection, and the remaining states lack protections.

There is no federal anti-SLAPP law; the closest available remedy is the Noerr-Pennington doctrine in federal antitrust law. The extent to which state laws apply in federal courts is unclear, and the Circuit courts have reached different conclusions.

The lack of uniform protection against SLAPPs has probably encouraged forum shopping, and the uncertainty about one's level of protection has likely magnified the chill of SLAPPs.

In December 2009, Rep. Steve Cohen introduced the Citizen Participation Act, H.R. 4364, in the U.S. House. This marks the first time the Congress has considered federal anti-SLAPP legislation (though the Congress is currently considering the closely-related issue of libel tourism.) Like many state anti-SLAPP laws, H.R. 4364 would allow the defendant of a SLAPP to have the suit quickly dismissed, and to recover fees and costs.

Source: Wiki

Capt Rodney

Feb 9, 2010
Re: Seafarer Exploration Files "SLAPP Suit" against Captain

reef i hate to get involved but did you read the suit.I know what it says I read it myself .You must know it is not a joke so why do you insist on acting so.I really hope you do well in all you do honestly.But for once you should do the right thing,tell the truth and get on with your life and leave this one alone. Capt Rodney

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

Rodney, if you read the SLAPP suit that was filed against me by Seafarer, you would know that on page (6), paragraph 18, that Seafarer makes the claim that my son is a thief. HOW DARE THEY DRAG MY FAMILY INTO THIS! My son is to go into the NAVY this year and Seafarer has specifically said in the complaint, that you and the crew told Kyle Kennedy (CEO), that my son and I stole thousands of dollars worth of equipment that IN FACT, was owned by me to begin with. I have receipts for each and every single piece of that equipment. Remember, I'm also a Dive Instructor. Additionally, my son was on vacation with his Mother and sisters on the days of the reported thefts.

Now Rodney, if you want to continue this on this public forum, go ahead, but you're being led down a primrose path that you might not want to be led down.

Further, the SLAPP suit that was filed against me, was filed (24) hours after I filed the (2) lawsuits against Kyle and Seafarer Exploration. It lacks actionable causes, substance and is meant, as you must know if you read the complaint, they (Seafarer) are asking a Judge to silence me. What ever happened to the First Amendment?

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

I'll tell you what Rodney, since you have launched into this rhetoric and non understanding of what's going on, I will go to Staples tomorrow, scan the SLAPP suit by Seafarer, and post it on this forum for all to see.

Will that satisfy you?

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

Capt Rodney said:
reef i hate to get involved but did you read the suit.I know what it says I read it myself .You must know it is not a joke so why do you insist on acting so.I really hope you do well in all you do honestly.But for once you should do the right thing,tell the truth and get on with your life and leave this one alone. Capt Rodney

Also, what is it Rodney that you are Captain of? Seafarer has no legal permits on any recovery site here, domestically or internationally. And further, with all the litigation that Seafarer is spending money on, how responsible is it to the investors that operational expenses are spent on Lawyers, rather than the Mission Statement that is so noted on the SEC filings?

And Rodney, if you must know, Seafarer Exploration, since last year, could have settled all the legal matters, but challenged myself and many others to sue them. So who is wrong? We wanted to settle, Seafarer chose to thumb their nose at us. Well, I can say this Rodney, Seafarer bit off way more than they can chew and I'm sorry you have to pay an indirect and direct price for it.

As you and Nicki know, I have always considered you friends.

Reef Dawg (Sean Murphy)

Capt Rodney

Feb 9, 2010

Sean first let us start with what is in the suit is between you and seafarer and I did not mean for you to get angry. What I mean is for you to say that Seafarer did not take care of you is just wrong.You know as well as I do what this is all about.So what I mean is you and seafarer should deal with this for what it is.With that being said since my involvement with the company we have gone in several other directions.We do have the ability to work on other sites as subcotractors and do not require us to have a permit just a contract with someone who does .Other than that I mean you no harm and as I said before I wish you success.Please don't missunderstand me.Capt Rodney

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

Rodney, I have always felt friendship between us as I, more than anyone, respect your background. Remember Rodney, I was instrumental in your hiring. I knew that you had background, experience and knowledge that would be of immeasurable value to Seafarer and their objectives. I have always been man enough to put the past behind, but Seafarer has left a trail of millions of dollars worth of bad advice, investments and loans in default that I cannot ignore.

When Mark F. committed suicide, I lost a big part of my life. The last conversation that I had with Mark the week of his death, was about Seafarer and how they had defaulted on the loans that he had given them through pure and simple trust.

My suggestion to you as a friend? Take your own and honest path, and if there is anything I can do, I will. But please Rodney, if you ever listened to a piece of advice in your life, know that what is coming will be much more than that of simple loyalty to a company, it will be an awakening of facts and to be honest with you, when made public, shouldn't blemish your very successful experience, but point to a company that is in absolute denial and burning every bridge that has ever allowed them the livelihood that they now enjoy.

Reef Dawg

Treasurefinder

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2010

Dear Sean, you should not imply one bit that Mark's suicide had nothing to do with Seafarer or anything thing they did or did not do. You know as well as I do that Seafarer has not done anything wrong in thier investments at all except waste thier time and money they wasted in you with your poor direction of affairs trying to run a dive operation, I saw it with my own eyes and was there and saw you do nothing to lead a crew who took it among themselves to search the oceans bottom for shipwreck clues as you sat on the computer at the dive house and wasted time on the computer doing personal things. And as far as I am concerned, Seafarer has a Captain that can take them to places where you could never go. Let the cards lie where they may, signed Treasurefinder!!!!

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

Treasurefinder

How would you know what Mark said or knew? You stand behind a fake name, an anonymous screename. Let's be honest here, my name is Sean Murphy, my screen name is true and so is my e-mail. Now, to be forthwright, type in your REAL e-mail address and name. Stop standing behind cowardus and let us know, and be a real man, who you are.

I have never been able to take little men who hide behind the curtain of shutter.

Treasurefinder

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2010

Sean all I have to say is I'am sure that being worth around 20mil I think mark had other issues.I did not know him that well but I could belive that Seafarer was not his biggest issue I mean this in the nicest way.Please keep things in perspective.Capt Rodney

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

So, now Rodney, you jump onto another screen name and say what you do. Rodney, You haven't got a pot to p%^@ in, so stop with your BS. You want to go head to head with me, take friendship to a Court of Law, go for it.

It's really a shame, everyone in your life tried to help you and all you do is side with no facts and circumstanes that are untrue. Keep going bro. I promise you, this is a debate you can't win.

Treasurefinder

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2010

Look that was an honest mistake.I did not mean to reply under my friends screen name or should I say make you think I was someone else.Ihave no reason to hide from anyone as you know I have always used my own name .You should be able to tell the difference. Capt Rodney

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho

Sorry to butt in here, but what IS your name? Captain Rodney? Treasureinvestor?

How about Shane Bush, age 40, of Port St. Lucie, Florida? Am I getting warm? :read2:

shane.jpg

Nice shirt, by the way.

Treasurefinder

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2010

Look I have never hid. I have no reason to I may share a house with someone who also writes on this site. But that makes no reason to do anything to hide.He may have a screenname that might not tell you who he is. But I have always used my name so adress me directly Capt Rodney .once agian sorry for the problem.Now back to the real issue

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used

So then tell me, what is the real issue Eric, or should I say Rodney, or should I say Niki or whatever you may choose yourself to be at this moment. Tell me, if you have facts and truth, then why confuse the sreen names? Why hide?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions