Dive the 1733 El Infante!

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
GoldHound is gearing up to survey and map the 1733 El Infante shipwreck. We have secured a deal to conduct a high resolution mag and side scan sonar survey of this unique site and to ID our Anomalies. We will spend 1 month in beautiful crystal clear waters off of Tavenier Key mapping this site and would like to offer an opportunity for anyone to come join us.
We are offering 4 one week expeditions which will include accommodations, tanks, breakfast and lunch and all the diving you can take for the low cost of $1500.00 per week. This is a great opportunity to explore a sunken Spanish Galleon and help map and photograph the site using state of the art technology.
This is a explore only adventure and no salvage is possible at this time. Anyone interested in this exciting adventure or wanting more info please email Capt Greg at [email protected] or call 772-633-0728 .
Tentative date is mid April - May....

Space is VERY LIMITED!

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
The wreck is in 15' - 20' of water... Most dives will be less than 30'.

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
The schedule is dependent on weather mostly but i also have to ready for 1715 which peeks between June thru August. The latest i can possibly go would be mid May - mid June..

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Greg, I wish you guys luck. Folks have been digging on the El Infante for many years. Tom

Attachments

• El Infante article.jpg
    El Infante article.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 581

Squishy

Jul 19, 2009
Sure wish I could go, but there is no way I can get away from work for more than a week at a time. Be sure to post a few pictures so I can dive vicariously! It's great that the wreck is so shallow. Lots of bottom time!

Have fun!
-Mike-

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working for free, hell no not me!

Sounds like a good vacation deal for someone wanting nothing but to learn and to acquire some professional experience.

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
How often do you get an opportunity to learn and dive with one of the best treasure hunters in the business, plus be in the keys doing it . I found along time ago when you surround yourself with the best good things happen . :icon_thumright:

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Thats a great way to learn more about wrecks, and how the divers work. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread