Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Very soon the English edition of "Galeones con tesoros"

Sweet, I know that I'm looking forward to ordering a copy!

Tom

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Claudio, Great news. Let us know when it's ready. I want to place an order too.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

To Claudio's Readers:
Claudio's recurring presence here on Treasurenet and elsewhere in the salvage community has always tantalized and entertained us with his exhaustive research and pointed contributions to the subjects at hand... our favorites: treasure and shipwreck lore. But Claudio's contributions come from the sincere discovery of facts as passed to us via the original witness to events, unlike many other second or third hand passages from modern day writers of this genre, myself included. Claudio's assimilation of facts as found in the Archives of Seville, and elsewhere are nothing less than fascinating!

Knowing the service that would be performed on behalf of the treasure hunting community, Dr. Lubos Kordac (Bobadilla here on the forum) agreed to assist me in translation of Claudio's "Galleons con Tesoros", literally "Galleons and their Treasures", several years ago, and he completed the primary transition from Spanish to English last fall. Meanwhile, the book has also gone to press in Europe in Italian which is Claudio's native tongue, and may be in several other languages as well. I am resetting the English translation to comtemporary standards and adjusting the grammar accordingly. Lubos and I have been working on the translation for two years while other projects were moving along, including his latest book and a new release I have pending from Signum Ops. I need to add that the members of the Treasure Hunters Book Club have stood by patiently while the book is in production, but, I may get a beating if I don't get Claudio's book off the press by our next meeting in August. I'm working on it. Ive also put my wife on the project to hurry it along. If you would like a preview, here's a short passage at the Signum Ops blog:

http://www.signumops.com/BlogEngine...o-Bonifacios-Galleons-con-Tesoros-sample.aspx

The original book features a handsome number of illustrations of the photo excerpts of the archive documents which, until recently, I was not sure I could use. Claudio has provided us with the means of including them in the English edition we now are preparing. The original edition was 6.75 X 9.75 inches, but, I am considering printing it in 8.5 X 11 so that these excerpts can be more closely examined. Some of the excerpts also include maps.

Initially, the book will be released through lulu.com so that we can distribute many copies as quickly as possible. When the volume is ready for purchase, I will drop a note here on Treasurenet.

Terry Armstrong sends

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry... Found a typo.

"After we contacted the parties from the auction house in Seville, Mazzara and I determined that we should start another investigation to gather more history about the."

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff:
Thanks! We have yet to compile to a single manuscript and do a proof read, round table style. While I was posting at the blog I found an error and had to change it. Generally, while building a book I have found that about six complete readings are necessary by at least three different people to kill all the boogymen in the text. And, even then, some are sure to live on indefinitely.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Terry,
I can't express my admiration in a few simple words. I'm totally blown away with the efforts you guys have put forth!
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions