Ecodivers scour Elizabeth River bottom for trash...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ecodiving is a great way to treasure hunt for free without permits.Plus find alot of trash to clean up rivers and lakes and oceans.If you dive and if where ever you live a city is looking for volunteers,then go for it.I used to go for the wekiva river cleanup every year for several years.They would offer us a free canoe if you brought back 1 trash bag full of trash.I would bring 2 other divers with me all with MD's.We found alot of aluminum cans plus other goodies.My best find was someones water logged wallet with well over 1k cash in it.No id in it though.We would search all the areas where people would launch canoes.Most of the time since drinking was allowed on the river people would capsize canoes in these areas loosing everything on board.

The last year we went was in 1998 we paddled the canoe to the wekiva river spring where theres a big pool just south of the spring,also a canoe launch area.People in canoes were pokeing paddles at us when we were down 15 feet.One of my friends reached up and grabbed someones paddle and pulled hard on it tipping over their canoe.I was laughing so hard i about lost my regulator.I was about 20 feet away in crystal clear water and saw 3 seminole county cops in full uniform with guns and radios floundering around in the water.We all waited till they got back to the beach and surfaced,the cops wanted to talk to us so we came in.They were not amused at all.They said there was no scuba diving allowed in the wekiva river,but we said we were there for the annual wekiva river clean up an they told us to go further south.There must have been about 60 sun bathers there at the park laughing at the cops standing there all soaking wet.We should go back and do the next clean up since by now they wont remember us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread