List of all 653 Dutch VOC Shipwrecks (?1595-1800)

dlog

Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

is this thread still active - Ive done a bit of work in Indonesia and research on VOC history

Does anyone have access to the wreck dbase that Nick Habermehl compiled? I've been unable to get hold of him.

Andy

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Andy and welcome to Treasurenet. This thread is not active anymore (until you posted) and Nick has not posted anything in over 7 years. I can't find him either. He had a web site but it has been shut down for a long time. Maybe he is dead?

CPGs1

Greenie
Feb 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Eustatius

Also remember there were many other Dutch privateers and merchantman sailing throughout the Caribbean, especially in the vicinity of St. Eustatius, St. Martin, Bonaire etc. In 1628 the Dutch captured a Spanish Treasure fleet in Cuba. So there was lot of exploration, colonializing, privateering, done by the Dutch and it wasn't all carried out by ships owned by the VOC. (Although the VOC was like its own powerful country)

Hope this helps

Hey Galleon Hunter, do you have any info on St. Eustatius? Is there anywhere unlooked or any leads there?

Thanks!

CPGs1

Greenie
Feb 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavily armed dutch ships of the early 1700's

Does anyone have any historical background on ships of Dutch origin around 1715-1725 that were not slavers, but rather heavily armed either for delivering ammunition or serving as a man-of-war?

I know of Nieuwe Faam which wrecked off of Africa may fit this criteria during that time period, but I am researching ones that wrecked or were lost, but not off of Africa.

Thank you!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's alot of shipwrecks holy moly I think I would have walked to my destination knowing that lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread