Do Spaceship wrecks count as shipwrecks ?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I found a few tons of coins once, that the Martians took from Pluto. They were lost in a spaceship wreck on Titan. They sat there for a couple of light years but after I recovered them, the Martians claimed ownership.

It's still in the Space Court on Neptune. :icon_sunny:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once we get the necessary funding for the Uranus name change, we will begin research into recovering the reflector.
After years of ridicule and schoolyard humor, it was overwhelmingly decided to re-name the planet as Urbutthole.
New textbooks will be forthcoming and I hope we can put this silliness behind us once and for all.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITmaidin, You posted -> Does hunting debris from spaceships count as hunting salvage from shipwrecks ?
Relax gentlemen, it was an honest question. She is 'not' referring to Extraterrestrials, but to 'our' space debris.

Interesting question, I believe that it might come under Sovereign law. Capital ships not being used for commercial usage.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Dell Winders said:
Saturna said:
I found a few tons of coins once, that the Martians took from Pluto. They were lost in a spaceship wreck on Titan. They sat there for a couple of light years but after I recovered them, the Martians claimed ownership.

??? ??? ??? :dontknow:

Just a bit o' humor, Dell. Ignore it if desired.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Well, hmm...The United States is already in violation of 3 of the provisions of the UN Treaty (violating treaties is common of the US is it not ?) So if they have violated the Treaty, do the provisions of the Treaty for US rights still stand ?

#1) No country is suppose to risk bringing in contamination from outer space. Everytime a spaceship, satellite, etc re-enters our atmosphere, it is possibly bringing in contaminents or possibly substances/pathogens we do not have immunity to. Remember they brought back "Moon Rocks" as they claim.

#2) The use of Space, to include the Moon is to be for peaceful purposes such as exploration only.
The US recently "blew a hole" in the Moon, which also violates.....

#3) The use of space, moon etc is not to be for hostile acts.... In addition to blowing a hole in the moon, the US has been sending up the spacecraft known as X-37B which is designed for launching weapons from space. (sound peaceful ?)

Thanks for the link. It is nice to learn that we can file claims for damages if any country violates the treaty.

itmaiden

Jeep said:
Mmmmmmm.

Acutally this is a very good question.

The answer however is no.

The United Nations outer space treaty of 1967 covered this in the UNITED NATIONS TREATIES AND PRINCIPLES ON OUTER SPACE (article #VIII)

You can download your own copy here:

http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/pdf/publications/STSPACE11E.pdf

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
You wouldn't be in Space Court if you hadn't publicized your find. Didn't you learn anything from the Odyssey who had a BIG PHOTO of their finds in the Tampa Tribune? :icon_scratch:

Saturna said:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a pic of a sunken UFO wreck on the bottom of one of the great lakes.

Attachments

• hi-resobject1.jpg
    hi-resobject1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 892
  • lo-res-object.jpg
    lo-res-object.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 777

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Please make sure that any of you :sign13: :sign13:
who may wish to look for alien craft :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
now I don't mean box trucks in Arizona ??? ???
or low riders with big trunks, heading north on Pacific Coast Highway :smileinbox: :smileinbox:

Make sure they are merchant space craft and not military space craft :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
or the U.S. Attorney's fornicated up, communist staff will find they should be left
undistrurbed..... :happy2: :sad5: :happy2: :sad5: :angel1:
else aliens may not respect our sunken war graves and those of
the spains.... :boxing: :lovestory:

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will all come to light in the new documetary, "It Came from Uranus" :thumbsup:

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
sphillips said:
It will all come to light in the new documetary, "It Came from Uranus" :thumbsup:

I heard that documentary is a load of crap.

I suspect you are right, but only time will tell how it all comes out :laughing7:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As long as uranus doesn't have hemmoroids! :laughing9:

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
itmaiden said:
Does hunting debris from spaceships count as hunting salvage from shipwrecks ?

If so, anyone want to go after this ? Should be worth a pretty piece :alien: Investors anyone ?

If it's Space Shuttle debris, I'd say that would be a big no-no.
If you are after the Liberty Bell 7 and it's load of Mercury dimes, too late!
Anything extraterrestrial: Go for it!

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: That one is going to really tick that Klingon, Wharf, off big time. I'd duck! :laughing9: :headbang:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all are without a doubt the sickest, strangest, and goofiest people...

That's why we get along so well. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread