Gold ready for the taking

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Oil that is....black gold...Texas Tea....

Government bureaucracy got you down when trying to get a permit to recover treasure?

Fuel costs got you reaching for your wallet?

Well friends, come on over to the Northern Gulf Coast where you can load up on a seemingly endless supply of Light Sweet Crude that is litterally washing up on our shores! You heard it right. All you need is a couple hundred thousand five gallon buckets and an oil/water seperator the size of the Titanic and you too can make it rich!

::)

Sorry folks...just trying to find some humor in the looming tragedy about to happen on the coast that I've called home all my life. If you are a resident of any of the coastal areas impacted, I implore you to contact your local governments and volunteer your time and your boats as I have, in an attempt to get our arms around this thing somehow. At this point, it looks like I'll be spending the remaining vacation time I have left next week to lend whatever assistance I can. I encourage you all to do the same if you have the means. This is going to go down as one of the worst manmade environmental disasters in the U.S. - mark my words.

Peace.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pcola,

Do this.Collect all the crude you can get.Put it into 55 gallon barrels.When you get 8 barrels let me know and i will come and pick it up.I have a mini oil refinery at my house for used cooking oil.I can dewater any kind of oil useing a industrial vacuum dewatering system with a centrifuge that i built.Ill make diesel out of the oil.

1. The oil that is brought out of the ground is termed crude oil. It is pumped out with jack pumps that pull it to the surface and transfer it to tanks or pipelines. The oil is then sent to a processing center that will break the oil down into several different types of fuel such as diesel, gasoline and oil. The process determines the type of fuel it will become. Hydrocarbons are combined within the oil that must be pulled apart in order to create a fuel type that is usable. The refining is done easily enough in the processing.
2. The refining process is really as simple as the boiling of the crude oil. This is how the hydrocarbons in the oil are separated. Depending on the hydrocarbon, the boiling points can be different. When the boiling point of a type of hydrocarbon is reached, the hydrocarbon turns into its gaseous form and is removed from the system. The boiling point of between 482 and 644 degrees F is the level at which diesel fuel hydrocarbons are broken. Fractional distillation is the name of this process.
3. The fractional distillation process is operated within a column that stands upright. The column has trays that are placed at different levels within to pull the vapor fuel out as it cools. The oil is heated at the bottom of the column, and as each different type of hydrocarbon reaches its boiling point, it converts to gas. As the gas rises, it travels further away from the heat source and begins to cool. Since the hydrocarbons have different boiling points, they also have different temperatures at which they cool. This means they will cool at different levels within the column. When the hydrocarbons cool and condense back into a liquid state, they are collected in the trays at that height. Diesel fuel is collected on a separate level and removed for transfer to a separate container.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NOT BLACK GOLD PCOLABOY BUT BLACK DEATH. This oil spill will totally destroy Gulf sealife. After 3 months it will spill more gallons than the Exxon Valdez (11 million gallons).

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Salvor6 said:
NOT BLACK GOLD PCOLABOY BUT BLACK DEATH. This oil spill will totally destroy Gulf sealife. After 3 months it will spill more gallons than the Exxon Valdez (11 million gallons).

Salvor6...you may need to read my ENTIRE post ;D I was certainly being sarcastic.

delaford321

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for the bit of humor in this situation. And what a great idea to volunteer your time to help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread