Need Some help I.D. Shipwrecks on maps?

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I was looking at some old maps and came across some shipwrecks?Im sure this is just to easy of a way to find them ! What i would like is for someone to tell me what ships they are?1st one is in the middle right side silver recoverd from North riff spanish wreck 1685.The other 2 are on the fl. coast on the next map,and i was thinking maybe they didnt get it all ,and some artifacts still at the sites?Thanks for lookin.............relicdude http://luna.ts.tulane.edu/luna/serv...EY~8~1,RUMSEY~9~1,Stanford~6~1&mi=184&trs=221

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That wreck on the north riff is the galleon Conception that sank in 1644. After Phipps salvaged in 1685, Burt Webber salvaged it in 1970 and Tracy Bowden worked it in 1990. I doubt if there is anything left.
Those charts are notoriously inaccurate. Burt Webber had that one but it still took him 2 years to
find it.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wreck south of skeeter inlet(ponce inlet now) is william bartrams wreck at 3rd ave in new smyrna beach.No treasure.And what was remained of the upper deck is now at the city dump.Theres 3 passenger steamer wrecks at ponce inlet.And 1 military steamer that ran aground at ponce inlet during the second seminole indian war,had muskets and pay for the soldiers on it.Theres a wreck just north of turtle mound,even with JB's fish camp,dont know what it is but alot of iron is on the beach.Most likely a modern barge or steel wreck offshore.Then theres the wreck where i found my 80lb deadeye,cant tell you where that one is as i keep finding goodies there,last find was the two 3 pronger forks.The wreck south of that at klondike beach,the real 8 worked it.Sigmonops knows more about it.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Salvor6 said:
That wreck on the north riff is the galleon Conception that sank in 1644. After Phipps salvaged in 1685, Burt Webber salvaged it in 1970 and Tracy Bowden worked it in 1990. I doubt if there is anything left.
Those charts are notoriously inaccurate. Burt Webber had that one but it still took him 2 years to
find it.

sank 1641..........Burt 1979.......Bowden Still finding every year since 1990. til this day has found more than what Burt found in 79

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Chagy. I knew I had a couple dates wrong. Just off the top of my head.

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Excellent map of the Caribbean. I specially like the route of the treasure galleons leaving Cartagena going north. This reminds me of the treasure fleet of 1604 that has never been located yet.

This map is an excellent clue.

Treasurediver

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I love looking at old maps ,its what i do when im online.....Maybe they can help someone near the area of the sites...... Still no names on the Fl. wrecks? Well fisheye are you saying 1 of the wrecks is this 1? Maple Leaf Shipwreck” (National Park Service)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread