Whats the best way to buy a few Port Royal Artifacts ?

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Port Royal, Jamaica, or Port Royal, Roatan?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
marx might have some stuff from his port royal days -- but who knows? for sure -- sedwick should either have some stuff or be able to locate it for you for a price.

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Bob has any Port Royal stuff left, I'll ask him when I see him later this week if you want. What are you looking for, pipes, plates, coins?

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the summer of 1982 there as a grad student with Texas A&M, we found some incredible stuff including over 70 intact onion bottles and a nice pewter tankard. All I brought home was some pictures and a few Shirts!

Best of luck,

Pirate Diver

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure was. We even found a wood table that had been crushed by a falling brick wall. The site got covered with coral and silt quickly so even wood in some cases was preserved. The topsoil there is really thin also so when you walk around town you can see pieces of ceramic and glass 300 years old just laying on the ground, crazy stuff. The people are really nice also if you ever decide to visit there, which I recommend.

Pirate Diver

OP
OP
T

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Thanks i would like to visit it some day i cant imagine picking up old glass from Port Royal on the surface that would be the sh---t. That in it self would be enough for me to head down there . Can you dive it at all ? Thanks love the stories Mark

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what the rules are now there but everything is so laid back I don't think you'd have a problem. There is a Coast Guard base near the site though and I imagine they keep an eye on any divers. Finding a dive shop might be tough though, we used hookah the whole time.

Good luck

Pirate diver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions