Aug 15, 2009
Brussel
Re: picture of anker on the Nuestra Senora de la concepcion

Lucky Eddie said:
:laughing7:
shipsankher...is what made her sink! :laughing7: :thumbsup:

You made a funny Joke Gaetan - intentional or no. :notworthy:

Cheers
Ok sorry, i made the correction. That's what happens when you post early in the morning. ;D

Panfilo

Feb 20, 2007
Dr. Gaetan, have you been following Burt Webber’s recent expedition in the Dominican Republic? I read somewhere that they were taking down another very well equipped ship this week. Just curious.
Panfilo

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is this the Concepcion in Aborojo, silver banks DR 1950s? Didnt Burt Webber find it in 1979?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh DR Gaetan, you should see 'my' Spanish :-[ Even pore Chagy, as good as he is, can't understand it.

My biggest embarrassment was in speaking to a Spanish speaking audience describing the progress of my old fashioned formal Spanish courtship with my future wife. I was remarking on the close Duenna ship and said that we couldn't do anything but hold hands. Some of the audience broke up ??? Most were laughing in sympathy, stillll.

When it was explained to the audience what I had intended to say in Spanish. Many former hostile people then became my friends.

I had inadvertently said that "since we couldn't do anything together, we had to resort to, 'blushing --- 'self abuse". My bride to be, wasn't amused ! sniff.

For those that aren't accustomed to the 'phrase', Chagy will explain.

Frankly, I envy you on your useage and ability in English Dr. I wish that I could still speak as well in my college German. At one time I could also write Basic Chinese which was handy in Old Peking, however, due to so many different dialects I never learned to speak it, except to say "how much", "too much" etc.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. In Spanish the object acts upon it self, so "the ship sank herself" is correct.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Chagy said:
Is this the Concepcion in Aborojo, silver banks DR 1950s? Didnt Burt Webber find it in 1979?

Hello Chagy, my dear friend,

There was a secret expedition organized by Porfirio Rubirosa, who was son-on-law of Dominican dictator Trujillo, and French adventurer and lawyer of Russian origin Alexandre Korganoff. The last one found the story about "Concepcion" and her treasure in Spanish archive, he convinced Rubirosa to be his partner, they got the ship and sailed off from Puerto Plata in September, 1952. The expedition ended with absolute disaster, the sailors were more drunk than sober and they were lucky to get back to Puerto Plata in one piece. They repeated the expedition one and half year later with the same result.

Cheers....
Lobo (Bobadilla)

OP
OP
Dr. Gaetan Algoet

Dr. Gaetan Algoet

Aug 15, 2009
Brussel
Chagy said:
Yes that is that Concepcion. It was discovered in the 50's by Alexander Korganov. I even have picture of alexander with his ship going on expedition.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Interesting. Did Alexander recover any treasure that time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread