All Treasure Hunting

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Terry, what a small world and what a strange coincidence. I just wrote Mr. Brisben a letter about 2 months ago regarding another shipwreck related matter and never got a reply. Now I will get to talk to him in person.

Does Chris James still own half the lease on the Cabin Wreck?

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom:
His last application was more than two years ago, BTW. I am not sure about the James connection, but I think it is still in effect.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pics from the 1715 subcontractor's meeting.....the biggest collection of pirates you'll ever see in one place (& two archaeologists), but truly a great bunch of talented and dedicated people. I wish everyone a safe and successful salvage season. :icon_pirat:

Tom

Attachments

• sinclair moore.jpg
    sinclair moore.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 486
  • brandon.jpg
    brandon.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 487
  • taffi fisher abt.jpg
    taffi fisher abt.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 495
  • Brisbens.jpg
    Brisbens.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 489
  • fredericks.jpg
    fredericks.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 490
  • molinar gore.jpg
    molinar gore.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 499
  • goho.jpg
    goho.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Terry Armstrong.jpg
    Terry Armstrong.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 488
  • ernie richards.jpg
    ernie richards.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Grambo Molinar.jpg
    Grambo Molinar.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 487

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldnt make it to the meeting.I spent most of the day at animal control filling out paperwork.Thursday night i got attacked bitten and scratched by a wild feral black cat while getting ready to bead blast volvo diesel engine parts in my back yard.The cat somehow got inside my bead blast cabinet and when i turned the vac system on the cat freeked out.The cat is now at animal control in quarantine for rabies so they will let me know in 9 days if i have to get my rabies vac or not.Plus they gave me live animal traps to catch ALL the wild cats in my yard that think they have found a home here.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry to hear that John but on the bright side, you finally got some pvssy. :laughing7:

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tom,

Thanks for sharing those pictures... Makes you wonder how many millions in treasure have been recovered by the people in that room...Glad to know you were there, at least one of us was there!!!

All the best,

Chagy.....

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
signumops said:
I hope that anybody who might even consider doing some work on the fleet come to the meeting. MANY changes, including an alleged change-out of managment interests.

So what specific changes are in effect this year?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Other than a change in management, nothing has changed since the last meeting in October, which was covered here or in the "other" forum.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well I heard that you can get a contract for free if you go where "they" want you to go. Is that true? Also I heard that Marc has sold Treasurenet.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To answer your first question, no, that is not exactly correct.

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Salvor6 said:
Well I heard that you can get a contract for free if you go where "they" want you to go. Is that true? Also I heard that Marc has sold Treasurenet.

and to answer your second question, here is an email I received on the 14th of May from Marc:

This is Marc Austin... creator and [email protected].

TreasureNet is the oldest and most popular treasure hunting site on the Net... we have over 40,000 members... have been online since 1994, and are consistently ranked in the top 80,000 of ALL websites in the world. With BILLIONS of websites, I guess it's safe to say, TreasureNet is in the top .008%!

In the next few days, there is a good chance that TreasureNet will have a new owner and management.

This is happening because I NEED a chunk of cash - not because I WANT to sell it. I am having to accept a LOW BALL offer out of necessity. :-(

Whatever happens, I just wanted to say thanks for visiting TreasureNet. Without our many members and visitors, TreasureNet would not have been possible.

Thanks,
Marc Austin
http://www.treasurenet.com/marc

But, let us not hijack this thread, so we now return to discussions of the Fisher meeting and a successfull 2010 season.

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Aquanut:
I think that I heard the best news at this meeting that I have heard (regarding Florida waters anyway) in ANY meeting for sub-contractors, to wit:

1. John Brandon actually got an exploratory lease from FLORIDA
2. According to the new rules, Florida BAR must respond to your application within 90 days
3. Florida, and other jurisdictions have come to the conclusion that they need to raise money, they have nowhere to store all the artifacts they have, nor anywhere to put MORE artifacts, and, therefore are now going to get into the business of SELLING ARTIFACTS. What a bite that must be for them, after all the heaps of steamy BS they have dumped on us for so many years! Its enough to drum up a wardance!

On the other hand, Taffi pointed out that the state awarded 114 leases to academic interests and only the one commercially applied lease.

By the way, NO body from the state was there to see what was going on.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Signumops,
Thanks a bunch for the update! All that is very interesting.
I'm happy for John. I wonder why the sudden turnaround? Could it really be just about the money? Believe me, I'm happy for this under any circumstances!
It must be killing those arrogant academics in Tallahassee that any concession is given to us.
Do you think that only one commercial lease was given because only one was applied for??? I think most of us gave up long ago. If the state grants an exploratory lease, what excuse can they come up with to deny salvage when the time comes?

Aquanut

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am not sure all of that is right. I think the Brandon lease may be going back several years. (I could be wrong) I know for sure it was not the only exploration lease applied for. Mark Fleckenstein had an exploration permit on the west coast in 2007. HRD has had an exploration lease since 1993 that has to be reviewed/renewed annually.

Burt Webber applied for an exploration permit on the west coast and was turned down several years ago. And Terry and I discussed another individual who applied for exploration leases recently on the east coast and was turned down.

Salvage permits....now that is another story.

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon was sitting right behind me and I turned to see if he would verify... he did. This was an exploratory lease. I asked Brandon for the details outside and he said it was all true. What can I tell ya?

Afterward he went to lunch with Brisben.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was agreeing with you Terry. My point is, the state is approving some exploration leases and denying others..on what basis I do not know. I can only assume that the applicant did not not comply in some manner.

However, to my knowledge, no one has been approved for a salvage lease since what, 1987? But has anyone applied for a salvage lease in that time and been turned down?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread