Historic Shipwrecks/ Dominican Republic & Haiti

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Historic Shipwrecks/ Dominican Republic & Haiti

I was fortunate enough to have my good friend Signumops, otherwise known as Terry Armstrong, present me with a copy of Dr. Lubos Kordacs new book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti". You might know the author here as Bobadilla. I have to tell you, it is a comprehensive work on the shipwrecks along with interesting history and information that even experienced treasure divers could benefit from. Don't make the mistake of passing this one off! I highly recommend it and it will occupy the same book shelf as Mendelson and Potter. Besides that, you'll also get to see some photos taken by and of our good buddy Jason Nowell.
Check it Out!
Next on my list "Anomally 27..."
Aquanut

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Historic Shipwrecks/ Dominican Republic & Haiti

I just finished readind Dr. Lubos Kordacs new book and I feel like I'm drunk on shipwrecks and pirates! This book has new material that Marx and Potter never heard of. Dr. Kordac gives you locations that you can go right to and find treasure! :icon_thumright:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great tip, and welcome back, aquanut.

Always looking for a good read.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Thanks Tom.
Aquanut

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic

Hello Aquanut, Salvor 6 and all the others,

Thank you really a lot from my heart for your nice words about my last book. Originally my hobby that has been converted into my principal job, it means serious research about shipwrecks history, pirates and sunken treasures, became a real obsession for me. This book is a result of 5 years of intensive historical research, diving "in situ" and hundreds of hours travelling all over the island, speaking with local fishermen, taking photos and confirming the historical information. I am very glad that this book awoke your inetrest and your posts give me energy for new researches and underwater adventures. It would not be fair at all not to mention here the great job on this book of my dear friend and fellow Terry Armstrong (aka Signumops) and must say that without his help this book in such a form could never be on the market. Thanks Terry, and I wish you to find your great treasure this year, you really deserve it! And I wish the same to all the members of this Forum because I consider us as a one big family.....

Best regards to all.......
Lobo (Bobadilla)

Dr. Gaetan Algoet

Aug 15, 2009
Brussel

aquanut said:
I was fortunate enough to have my good friend Signumops, otherwise known as Terry Armstrong, present me with a copy of Dr. Lubos Kordacs new book "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti". You might know the author here as Bobadilla. I have to tell you, it is a comprehensive work on the shipwrecks along with interesting history and information that even experienced treasure divers could benefit from. Don't make the mistake of passing this one off! I highly recommend it and it will occupy the same book shelf as Mendelson and Potter. Besides that, you'll also get to see some photos taken by and of our good buddy Jason Nowell.
Check it Out!
Next on my list "Anomally 27..."
Aquanut
Hello there,

The book is also available is Dutch and Flemish.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Bobadilla,
My praise for your work is well deserved! Keep following your passion and GOOD LUCK!
Aquanut

jlasserton

May 16, 2010
Nashville

I am in the market for a new book. I am glad I found this thread. I have been looking into the books recommended. I am going to start reading "Historic Shipwrecks of the Dominican Republic and Haiti." Ever since the events in Haiti, I have taken an interest in the country. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

delaford321

Apr 25, 2010

I am so excited! I love to read books like this! Does anyone know anything about the ship that was recently uncovered in one of the Carolina's? (Just finished exams so my brain is overly full).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread