Shipwreck discovered in Galicia may conceal Maracaibo treasure...

trinidad

Dec 28, 2008
Re: Shipwreck discovered in Galicia may conceal 'Maracaibo' treasure...

It was a bluff. Just marketing for a new book. You cant imagine the press conference. When journalists and experts realized that Valero was selling smoke, as usual, it started a big mess in the press room.

OP
OP
jeff k

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trinidad... He also said that he found the HMS Sussex, and filed a claim with the Spanish govt. I have it on good authority that it was not even a shipwreck, but just an anomaly. If I'm not mistaken, he filed a claim with the Spanish govt. on the Juno & Galga too. Over here, we call people like that, claim jumpers. >:(

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff K said:
Trinidad... He also said that he found the HMS Sussex, and filed a claim with the Spanish govt. I have it on good authority that it was not even a shipwreck, but just an anomaly. If I'm not mistaken, he filed a claim with the Spanish govt. on the Juno & Galga too. Over here, we call people like that, claim jumpers. >:(

Jeff, you have been misinformed. It is a finder's right under the current legislation in Spain, in whose territorial waters the wreck is. No Spanish administrative body says otherwise. Proved otherwise with documents on hand.
Cheers VV

trinidad

Dec 28, 2008

There are a lot of stories to tell about this "claim jumper".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread