Cmon guys/gals help out with this...

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Re: C'mon guys/gals help out with this...

Actually, after zooming in to 400x's to the photo, the right eye is still in it's socket and there is some flesh still covering the forehead and that side of the face (the iris/pupil area is still evident). The right arm and hand is partially visible with a sleeve pulled up close to the elbow. The head still has hair with a part in approximately the same location as Natalee's was the night the vanished. ( I did consider this could be a different more recent skeleton, since there was still flesh intact). The arm lengths and elbow bends are both properly proportionate to a body, and so is an area that may be a pubic bone area.

I am now 100% convinced this is the missing girl. While it has been 5 years, a body could have been taken out to the water at any time. If the water conditions are right, some preservation is still possible.

You divers are used to seeing skeletons that are hundreds of years old. We must also consider the age of the person and maybe with all the alcohol she was well preserved.

Did you know some alcoholic beverages contain formaldehyde ?

itmaiden

Darren in NC said:
While resembling a human skull, it simply isn't one. There's no jawbone, eye sockets, cheekbones or the like. Forensic experts clearly state that the formation is not a skeleton. I'll place my bets with them.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

What does this have to do with shipwrecks? This should be moved to "everything else."

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

I hate to tell you this, but after 2 years underwater there would be NO FLESH Left on the body. It would not only have deteriorated, it also would have been eaten by fish and crabs.

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

itmaiden said:
Actually, after zooming in to 400x's to the photo, the right eye is still in it's socket and there is some flesh still covering the forehead and that side of the face (the iris/pupil area is still evident). The right arm and hand is partially visible with a sleeve pulled up close to the elbow. The head still has hair with a part in approximately the same location as Natalee's was the night the vanished. ( I did consider this could be a different more recent skeleton, since there was still flesh intact). The arm lengths and elbow bends are both properly proportionate to a body, and so is an area that may be a pubic bone area.

I am now 100% convinced this is the missing girl. While it has been 5 years, a body could have been taken out to the water at any time. If the water conditions are right, some preservation is still possible.

You divers are used to seeing skeletons that are hundreds of years old. We must also consider the age of the person and maybe with all the alcohol she was well preserved.

Did you know some alcoholic beverages contain formaldehyde ?

itmaiden

Darren in NC said:
While resembling a human skull, it simply isn't one. There's no jawbone, eye sockets, cheekbones or the like. Forensic experts clearly state that the formation is not a skeleton. I'll place my bets with them.

I have to agree, It does look like A body. But after further analysis, I believe it is A spanish conquistador with his body armor still on.(Which would explain why he did not float.) ;D

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

It doesn't, except the picture is taken near an old shipwreck and the fact that the shipwreck forum is the only place to secure the opinion of water depth from experienced divers/salvagers.

itmaiden

Salvor6 said:
What does this have to do with shipwrecks? This should be moved to "everything else."

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

You know I have often wondered if Spanish armor is ever found on any of the salvage sites. I know armor has been found on land by phosphate companies such as "Mosaic" in central Florida.
Spanish armor was also found in Arkansas up by the Current River, along with some coins...most likely from the De Soto expedition.

itmaiden

[/quote]

I have to agree, It does look like A body. But after further analysis, I believe it is A spanish conquistador with his body armor still on.(Which would explain why he did not float.) ;D

[/quote]

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This "body" has already been checked by law enforcement divers and it is nothing more than coral and bottom debris... it just looked "interesting" in the photo. This was mentioned on CNN this past week.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Can you back that up with a link to the CNN statement ?
Because Aruba officials before gave up after a couple of days and said they couldn't locate the site, and said they were nto going to continue searching. There hasn't been any news about a "new search". However, last night a new witness that has come forward since the death of Joran's father said he saw a man fitting Joran's description near his house come back in from the water with a show missing and wet from the waist down from what he could see, and then someone who may have been his father coming to pick him up in a hurry in a vehicle fitting the description of one owned by the family.

That is not just coral in the picture. The jaw, teeth, nose bridge, and socket areas are all there. The fingers on the left hand are unmistakable too. May I suggest a better computer monitor ?

itmaiden

PhipsFolly said:
This "body" has already been checked by law enforcement divers and it is nothing more than coral and bottom debris... it just looked "interesting" in the photo. This was mentioned on CNN this past week.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Boy, Sheila, when you chomp down on something you just won't let go will you? I saw the CNN thing too. By the way, I've got a great monitor and though I see what you are talking about, I have seen things underwater easily mistaken for things they weren't. Ease up...
Aquanut

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

I understand the tricks water and undersea images can play on the eyes, but I'm betting on this one !

Check out the "illusional" image of a shipwreck (most likely 1715) as my "Avatar" ;D

Ships R' Us,

itmaiden

aquanut said:
Boy, Sheila, when you chomp down on something you just won't let go will you? I saw the CNN thing too. By the way, I've got a great monitor and though I see what you are talking about, I have seen things underwater easily mistaken for things they weren't. Ease up...
Aquanut

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Geez Sheila... just givin' an update on this since you were so interested in this story... don't need to jump down my throat girl... I saw this on (channel 34) CNN just the other day... not on the internet. You will have to do a search on that for yourself. :-\

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009

Yep, I too watched the clip on the news a few weeks back. They checked out the spot and it was just coral, no missing body.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

I'm not jumping down your throat Phips, I am a very good natured person, very layed back and seldom get ticked at anything (unless it is corrupt government). I take most things on this board with a good sense of humor, and if something is a little offensive somewhere, I overlook it. Everyone has different opinions, but Aruba is not a place I trust or believe after all that has gone on. CNN ? credible ? ha !

itmaiden

PhipsFolly said:
Geez Sheila... just givin' an update on this since you were so interested in this story... don't need to jump down my throat girl... I saw this on (channel 34) CNN just the other day... not on the internet. You will have to do a search on that for yourself. :-\

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Did they show the spot on the video ? Bet they didn't ! Hearsay isn't going to cut it with me.

I want to see the EXACT same spot on a new video or in better photos.

Then I will (maybe) be satisfied.

itmaiden

lurediver said:
Yep, I too watched the clip on the news a few weeks back. They checked out the spot and it was just coral, no missing body.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just wait till Joran Van der sloot goes to prison in peru,then he will tell where the body is.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

I'm hoping so.

She needs to be found.

itmaiden

FISHEYE said:
Just wait till Joran Van der sloot goes to prison in peru,then he will tell where the body is.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

I don't want to bust your bubble, but I just got back from Charleston SC and when I was down there I was watching TV about the murder in Peru. One of the panel members mentioned the photo you posted and said the the FBI was sent down there and investigated it and found out that it is not what you think. It is not a human skeleton.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Oh, you won't "bust my bubble". I will hold out for further investigation though.
The FBI is about as reliable as some other government entities I could name.
That is a huge organization and not everyone is equally skilled.

itmaiden

old man said:
I don't want to bust your bubble, but I just got back from Charleston SC and when I was down there I was watching TV about the murder in Peru. One of the panel members mentioned the photo you posted and said the the FBI was sent down there and investigated it and found out that it is not what you think. It is not a human skeleton.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

itmaiden,

I dont think you will ever be satisfied! ::) Not sure why this has consumed you so much, but I dont think there is much else we can tell you. There are some pretty good experts on this board and their opinions have be squashed.

Most everyone here is under the same consensus: it's not a body, and this image was taken in probably 8-15' of water.

Please let us know if you do find her. Other than that, I think anything further is mute.

Have you contacted the family? I am sure they would love to have someone so dedicated and more reliable than the FBI on the case! :icon_thumleft:

RGecy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread