Cmon guys/gals help out with this...

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
C'mon guys/gals help out with this...

A different treasure to find...

This image was taken off of Aruba by someone snorkeling. If you look to the upper right you can see the sun shining through. I feel the photo was taken in less than 8 feet of water, but would like the opinion of experienced divers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000870-504083.html

Been using aerials and a magnifying glass narrowing down the search and have my opinion as to where this is.

I feel it is a short swimming distance from the beach.

itmaiden

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Re: C'mon guys/gals help out with this...

I disagree. Have looked at several photo images from different sites. Clearly a hand with fingers trying to push a rock off and a skull with teeth. Natalee's hair was put back in a hair accessory and looks like a "bunch" on the side back of the skull.
Rocks are on top of the body.

itmaiden

lurediver said:
its coral, nothing more to it.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Coral!

Didn't we discuss this a while back. The size of the Sand Diver fish in the image would make the body very tiny! Too small to be an adul female.

I just don't see it!

Robert

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

The fish is on a little higher level and closer to the photographer shooting from an angle so it can appear disproportionate, but really isn't. Natalee was very petite in frame. Here are images of brain coral:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...Brain+Coral&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

The Aruba photo shows eye socket type indentions where the eyes would be, a ridge where the nose would be, the mouth and chin the same, the chin prominant like Natalees and the forehead and upper skull proportionate..compare to her photo's.
The left arm is bent at the elbow with divided fingers with the right proportions extending over a rock. Some net photos show better definition than others.

itmaiden

RGecy said:
Coral!

Didn't we discuss this a while back. The size of the Sand Diver fish in the image would make the body very tiny! Too small to be an adul female.

I just don't see it!

Robert

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

I don't want to bust your bubble, but that does not look like a skeleton to me. I've recovered bodies that have been underwater in my life time and I've also seen human bones that are quite old underwater and that picture doesn't look like a skeleton to me.
Just my opinion and you know the old saying about opinions.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

The skull, the left arm and the hand are there. There is something laying over the top of the left wrist. The rest of the body is covered with rocks to hold it down. Use a magnifying glass if you have to. Anyway, maybe you can just give me an estimated depth. That is what I am looking for right now.

itmaiden

old man said:
I don't want to bust your bubble, but that does not look like a skeleton to me. I've recovered bodies that have been underwater in my life time and I've also seen human bones that are quite old underwater and that picture doesn't look like a skeleton to me.
Just my opinion and you know the old saying about opinions.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

itmaiden said:

This image was taken off of Aruba by someone snorkeling. If you look to the upper right you can see the sun shining through. I feel the photo was taken in less than 8 feet of water, but would like the opinion of experienced divers.

Been using aerials and a magnifying glass narrowing down the search and have my opinion as to where this is.

itmaiden

Dude,

You are probably right the picture may have been taken in 8 ft of water. But Aruba has allot of shore, what do you want from us? The exact location? The title to your thread is you answer…C’mon

All the best,

Chagy.....

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Just looking at best guess at depth. As far as location that has already been narrowed own by the person who took the photo. I have also been using aerials, water coloration, the rocks to locate the most probably spots. But depth is key here for a really good search.

itmaiden

Chagy said:
itmaiden said:

itmaiden

Dude,

You are probably right the picture may have been taken in 8 ft of water. But Aruba has allot of shore, what do you want from us? The exact location? The title to your thread is you answer…C’mon

All the best,

Chagy.....

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Fair enough, I say les than 8ft

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

While resembling a human skull, it simply isn't one. There's no jawbone, eye sockets, cheekbones or the like. Forensic experts clearly state that the formation is not a skeleton. I'll place my bets with them.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I read in the paper that the local authorities already checked out this site months ago and determined that its just rocks.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

The Aruba authorities searched for approximately 2 days then called off the search, claiming they did not find the site.

I noticed several different maps I went to today, had the grid areas possibly pertaining to this photo blocked out.
You could view any point below or above, but not that area.
itmaiden

Salvor6 said:
I read in the paper that the local authorities already checked out this site months ago and determined that its just rocks.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

I didn't ask anyone's opinion about the image, only about the depth of the water.
We can agree to disagree on anything else.

itmaiden

lurediver said:
Its coral. Stop beating a dead horse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread