Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
itmaiden said:
The photo above is clearly a shipwreck.

Clearly! What were we all thinking! :tongue3:

itmaiden,

You have to have some other information other than a manipulated image that has a bunch of nothing on it and no references. Now, how do you know its a shipwreck? Have you or someone else verified it? If not, its just an interesting target, and until its been verified is nothing more!

I am not saying its not a shipwreck, I am just saying you can't say that this is a shipwreck based just on this image. It does sound interesting that artifacts have been found in the area, but you can find shipwreck debris all along the coast of Florida.

I hate to be pessimistic, but you are just presenting this with no factual basis whats so ever. You can't come on here and tell us its a shipwreck and not be able to prove it! You would probably get a better response if you said or asked, "does this look like a shipwreck" or is it possible these are cannons?"

There is also no scale to help measure the objects. For all we know, they could be 20 inches or 20 feet!

It looks as if it was digitally manipulated. Did you do this or did someone else? I assume its an aerial photograph. Was this an image off the internet, google earth, or NASA images? What methods did you use to get the resulting image?

This reminds me of the post several years ago where I think it was Peg Leg or someone saw the ox bow and small cannons in the side scan image. I think the wreck was up in some river over on the west coast of FL.

Until it's verified, its just a target!

RGecy

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Dear lurediver,

I officially nominate you as the "board jester" !

itmaiden

lurediver said:
You've diffently shown that you don't know what you're talking about, case in point the Aruba photo.

Nuff said.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Oh RGecy, You can't see it is a shipwreck ? My gosh guy, been checked for cataracts ?

Here is a great site which discusses eye problems and diving.

http://scuba-doc.com/diveye.htm

itmaiden

RGecy said:
itmaiden said:
The photo above is clearly a shipwreck.

Clearly! What were we all thinking! :tongue3:

itmaiden,

You have to have some other information other than a manipulated image that has a bunch of nothing on it and no references. Now, how do you know its a shipwreck? Have you or someone else verified it? If not, its just an interesting target, and until its been verified is nothing more!

I am not saying its not a shipwreck, I am just saying you can't say that this is a shipwreck based just on this image. It does sound interesting that artifacts have been found in the area, but you can find shipwreck debris all along the coast of Florida.

I hate to be pessimistic, but you are just presenting this with no factual basis whats so ever. You can't come on here and tell us its a shipwreck and not be able to prove it! You would probably get a better response if you said or asked, "does this look like a shipwreck" or is it possible these are cannons?"

There is also no scale to help measure the objects. For all we know, they could be 20 inches or 20 feet!

It looks as if it was digitally manipulated. Did you do this or did someone else? I assume its an aerial photograph. Was this an image off the internet, google earth, or NASA images? What methods did you use to get the resulting image?

This reminds me of the post several years ago where I think it was Peg Leg or someone saw the ox bow and small cannons in the side scan image. I think the wreck was up in some river over on the west coast of FL.

Until it's verified, its just a target!

RGecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Honey, I think you are the one who needs to get your eyes checked and while you're at it, schedule a CT Scan!

Back to the topic at hand....

I only want you to prove or defend the statements you are making!

Did you manipulate the image or did someone else? What type of image is it? What is the scale? Do you have the original before it was digitally enhanced? Can you post some zoomed in images of the items you think are cannons and cannon balls?

I am not asking for coordinates, just answer the questions at hand.

Again, don't get me wrong, I am only playing the devils advocate here and challenging you to prove your "definitive and absolute" statement that this is in fact a shipwreck.

Robert

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I'm starting to wish I hadn't defended this original post :'( No offense intended.

I still respect your enthusiasm, but I have to agree that there is not nearly enough to go on. I can go out into Pensacola Bay right now and do some imaging with my side imaging sonar and I can easily find objects that resemble cannons or other ship debris and heck I could probably even find the face of the good Lord Jesus while I'm at it. Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder and is subject to their understanding of how sonar imagery is returned, likely decay and concretion over the centuries, etc. Based solely on the image you've provided, it's nearly impossible to determine what the heck we're looking at. Nobody is blind or has cataracts simply because they can't see what you feel is obvious. You asked for opinions and you got them.

Just as RGecy said, you certainly may have enough information to declare it a 'target', which means that it may warrant diving on the site or dropping a camera over the side to see exactly what is down there.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
itmaiden said:
The photo above is clearly a shipwreck. If you didn't think so you wouldn't have emailed me and asked for the coordinates while claiming you worked for Fishers, Heartland and HRD all at the same time. Do they know you were going to go mag a site "on your own" ?

The photo above clearly demonstrates that those who criticized over the Aruba photo, do not know a shipwreck when they see it, which severely dampens their credibility to judge such.

And yes, some photos from the source you are citing do contain ink smears, and smudges. But there are also markings to indicate shipwreck sites, if you compare it to known shipwreck locations.

Fisheye, you are not stupid and either am I. That is why anyone doing research will look at a source and if the data possibly indicates something, will check it against other sources, or photos.

It is said "2 out of 3 ain't bad", but I look for 3 confirmations from at least 3 sources that something exists in a particular location and sometimes there are other indicators. If unsure about something I will send something to an experienced mariner/salvager/diver and ask their opinion.

When I go out to the beach or refer someone to a location, I don't like to waste my time or theirs being in a bad spot, so I try to research an area first.

If I want to crap shoot, I'll play the lottery.

itmaiden

FISHEYE said:
Aerial photographs from 50 years ago that are now on the web at the university of florida website were scanned from negatives and some prints.There is dust,fungus,scratches,pencil/pen/majic marker marks,finger prints and smudges on the scans.You may think you see a shipwreck or anomaly but its not.You have to look carefully at the scans and know how to read them.And know the difference between a piece of dust on the surface of the aerial photo or a wreck in clear water.

For all practical purposes, I suggest you do more in-water research and treasure hunting and less behind the keyboard.

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Ah, but you see keyboards, libraries, and doing a little community story hunting will yield information for narrowing down the search. You can look for treasure the hard way, or narrow down the field and make treasure hunting more efficient and less tiring. TH is fun nonetheless, but time is money and energy, and I would rather find treasure using less of all.

I've got a nice list. Then I can cherry pick from the list as to what projects are most worth going after.

How do YOU decide where to treasure hunt ?

itmaiden

[/quote]

For all practical purposes, I suggest you do more in-water research and treasure hunting and less behind the keyboard.
[/quote]

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
I know some things about this image that I am not stating. Nor would I post it publically in an obvious way less it limits access to similar future resources. But the image in and of itself speaks.

Visually I see hues really well and slight - very slight differences between black and white, light and shade, so maybe that is an advantage ?

itmaiden

PcolaBoy said:
I'm starting to wish I hadn't defended this original post :'( No offense intended.

I still respect your enthusiasm, but I have to agree that there is not nearly enough to go on. I can go out into Pensacola Bay right now and do some imaging with my side imaging sonar and I can easily find objects that resemble cannons or other ship debris and heck I could probably even find the face of the good Lord Jesus while I'm at it. Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder and is subject to their understanding of how sonar imagery is returned, likely decay and concretion over the centuries, etc. Based solely on the image you've provided, it's nearly impossible to determine what the heck we're looking at. Nobody is blind or has cataracts simply because they can't see what you feel is obvious. You asked for opinions and you got them.

Just as RGecy said, you certainly may have enough information to declare it a 'target', which means that it may warrant diving on the site or dropping a camera over the side to see exactly what is down there.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
itmaiden said:
Ah, but you see keyboards, libraries, and doing a little community story hunting will yield information for narrowing down the search. You can look for treasure the hard way, or narrow down the field and make treasure hunting more efficient and less tiring. TH is fun nonetheless, but time is money and energy, and I would rather find treasure using less of all.

I've got a nice list. Then I can cherry pick from the list as to what projects are most worth going after.

How do YOU decide where to treasure hunt ?

itmaiden

[/quote]
[/quote]

So how often do you get offshore searching for treasure?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Salvor6 said:
No Dell bashing intended there Pcolaboy. Dell is a good friend of mine.

Too bad he doesn't know when he steps out of line, and owes someone an apology.

Do I need to repost his rant?

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Marc,

I would not mind seeing it, too.

I notice that you deleted the entire thread after one or two of us asked you to reconsider your ruling. At that point, I had not seen anything from Dell that remotely resembled anything that would justify banning him. I would still ask you to give him another chance. I am skeptical about his methods, but he is an interesting character who has found lots of stuff, and has added a dimension to this forum. There seems lots of evidence to suggest that some people might possess psychic powers.

Mariner

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
aquanut said:
Marc said:
Salvor6 said:
No Dell bashing intended there Pcolaboy. Dell is a good friend of mine.

Yes.

Since EVERYTHING he posted in his rant was better suited to a PERSONAL MESSAGE. I won't. Sorry.

I will say, that he called me a liar and a thief.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc,

So does that mean that not all pirates are liars and thieves?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I will share this lovely statement.....

"Marc, do you remember the intelligent discussions and popularity of one of your early forums I believe was entitled "Molecular Frequency Discrimination" and helped to attract viewers to a fledgling TNET? "

Put this in the context of a personal message sent to a moderator.... "I am responsible for the success of TreasureNet".

Now, to my way of thinking, that is like saying BP is responsible for the success of CNN.

Really... if this is the way the guy thinks - he NEEDS a break from Tnet.

TreasureNet is NOT about LRL's. In fact, I am a vocal critic of most of them.

To think that one post - months or years ago is somehow responsible for the success of TNet - tells me someone is suffering from delusions of grandeur.

PLEASE GO OUTSIDE AND BREATHE DEEPLY.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Having delusions of grandeur doesn't seem much a reason to ban somebody.

You offered to re-post Dell's "rant".

Please do. Maybe we will all find his exile more understandable than we do at the moment.

Mariner

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
mariner said:
Having delusions of grandeur doesn't seem much a reason to ban somebody.

You offered to re-post Dell's "rant".

Please do. Maybe we will all find his exile more understandable than we do at the moment.

Mariner

I am DONE with this. PERIOD.

My decision IS FINAL. >:(

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc,

So you dont condone the use/sales or talk of a LRL,yet you have a banner for kellyco and a link to their website for MD sales and they sell LRL's!

I just got off the phone with a sales woman at kellyco and she told me that they do sell LRL's and that it is considered a dowsing tool.

The link.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pro-series/pro-series.htm
They will even demo the device out front of the store to show how it works before you buy one.

3 years ago kellyco did sell a LRL that was designed by dell(the .).I know cause i saw them in their display cases.With a 30 day money back deal if you werent satisfied with the device.

So if anyone uses a ouija board or a dowsing device to find treasure,i say to each his own.

No reason to ban anyone for their choice of a treasure finding tool or their Psychic Ability.Everyone on this planet was born with some sort of Psychic Ability.You just have to know how to develop it to use it.

People come to tnet to read what other treasure hunters have to say,alot come to hear the stories from the ancient t-hunters that are up in age and wont be around much longer.Who wants to read about them in a book when you can chat with them online or in a forum?

When and if i get to be 90 or 100 yrs old i would love to come to a forum and tell all my treasure hunting stories to younger people.

My 2 cents worth.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Marc said:

Well Marc,

It was you who brought it up again, and offered to post his "rant". We just accepted your offer.

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread