A GOOD DAY DIVING THE 1715 FLEET!!!

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! I'll trade you a couple of dives on the WHYDAH for the same with you. BTW, the pirates on the WHYDAH probably pillaged coins from the Spanish salvage camp so we most likely have 1715 fleet coins also. If you would like to trade that nice warm water for the 58 degree variety on Cape Cod, let me know.

Keep up the good work.

Pirate Diver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooooo...gold! Congrats on the awsome finds. Cant wait to see more from this site.

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Good Job Greg!!! Great advert for the AquaPulse, Wheres your trusty excalibur? 8) JD

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is treasure hunting in its true form beautiful finds :headbang: Great hunt Dd60 and Congrats on making the Banner :thumbsup:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o :o :o I guess they don't call it the Gold Coast for nuthin' :icon_pirat: Congrats and many more , GOHO diamond dawg from Cape May , NJ

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The question is, can you actually keep them? Or do they go to the museum? :dontknow:

Kirk

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Great finds and that was my question as well.

Who owns what when you find things like this? I know there are maritime salvage laws and I know Mel Fisher spent a lot of time and money keeping what he found and it was WAY out there.

I also know that when they found the HUGE amount of gold coins from Spanish ship between England and France, they quickly took them out of the country so the governments would have a tough time finding and getting them but in the end, I think they had to give them back.

So do you have to wait to celebrate?

Daryl

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, why such a fuss over a couple of lousy coins? now the gun is better, still ??

Ok , Ok, so I am jealous my friend, now go get the mother lode, and I hope that you do that quickly, but only if you post them in here. I have already looked at those beautiful coins enough to physically recreate them in my imagination.

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hi ya'all...Apolla here from Goldhound... I've been quiet on this board lately... Tooooooo Quiet! LOL! Ive been trying to keep up with the Goldhound website and the Facebook thingy. I'm addicted to facebook these days!

Anyways...I think they are gonna put a piece on CNN tonight about the finds. :icon_pirat:

ArmyDiver

Jun 8, 2010
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! Just think about how many people have waded in the water there and had no idea they were walking on Gold! Talk about an awesome day! :notworthy: That's a lot of coins! :headbang:Congrats and keep at it, looks like you might be a sweet spot!

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg,

Congrat's to you and your crew :notworthy: :hello2:
Could you leave me just a little bit to find before you clean it all out :wink:
Crank up the rpms on the blower...

Keep up the great work...
That should fire the treasure coast up...

Were they all Bogota's ?

Trez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread