The ability to hunt

Capt Rodney

Feb 9, 2010
Hello everyone I believe that I have done the right thing for just about everyone that I have worked for.My issue from this point on is why is it that everytime I turn around it's just another hoop to jump through.Maybe it's just that i'am just to hard headed. Maybe it's I'am just to out there in in the spot light.Or maybe it's that I just ruffle to many feathers.I don't think that I'am better than anyone else out there but I sure think that I can stand with the best of them.So all I ask is let us have a chance to do what I know best and give us a shot at producing some treasure and stop all the anomosity .I don't mind falling on my face if only I had the chance.Everyone that knows me knows that I will do everything that I can all for anyone all I ask for is that I can get the same respect from anyone that is willing to stand up.I'am not asking for a favor just ease up and let's find some treasure. Capt Rodney [email protected]

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Capt. Rodney, I've been away from the board for a week or so. I can't tell what your post was about. ( Whether you were let go or your boss is complaining because you're not bringing up tons of treasure). What ever's bothering you. Hang in there and good luck.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Capt. Rodney,
I feel your pain. I had enough of being used and abused. Moved on but still like to read the posts.

diverlynn

OP
OP
C

Capt Rodney

Feb 9, 2010
Hello first of all I was not let go as a fact quite the other .My gripe is in the past things where so much easier now day's instead of really working with one another it's just who can get what from whom.Am I just to old fashioned or is it really me me me I must sound like a cry baby but I remember when someone said they would help you out and meant it.Time's are hard enough why so much anomosity.I just love the meetings when we all as treasure groups get with one another and say whatever you need just call i'll do what I can .As soon as you leave it's who,what ,when are they serious are they kidding so on and so on.I just must be to old school to believe we at one time were really a genuine group willing to help as friends.Well I could go on forever but for now i'll stop and maybe the rest will start.Thank you Capt Rodney

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Capt. Rodney,
There are still quite a few good ones around and not hard to find either.
Aquanut

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
I have found treasure hunting is too intense to involve others. That coupled with the fact that the average person today is an idiot, and it really spells disaster for partnerships.

Most of the groups I have seen today are the middle of the road cluster ****s where there is no leader who knows what he is doing, so somehow it works. And good for them, have fun with your hobby.

End of the day 99% of people are impossible to work with. Egos are too huge today, and everyone wants soemthing for nothing. When you do find someone you can trust, treat them well :)

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
You want ego? try working with Boy Scout leaders as a volunteer, or with any police force as a {civilian} even if you are a retired cop,older than the kid deputy. Bob

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
lonesomebob are you kidding? Try working with the state archaeologists. They will treat you like you don't even exist. They will ignore you and you will simply cease to exist. If you interfere with them, they will have you arrested and put in prison. So please be careful!

OP
OP
C

Capt Rodney

Feb 9, 2010
Hello Again everyone,Just to touch base with you even with all the crap and dumb you know what's that one has to work with this is all I do.And one thing I'am not is a chest pounder and I believe everyone knows what that is .I will say this though in the 25 years that I've done this I have found alot of treasure and I'll continue as long as I possibly can.I've tryed to do a couple other jobs in my life and always find my way back to the only thing that I have true passion for.I know for some of you that's easy to understand for others I guess you just don't get it.The one thing that's for sure is I truly believe in karma so if you do the right thing long enough it will come back to you.So even though I sound as if I'am venting I just might be but I know I keep doing the right thing.So if I live long enough it may pay off in another way but as far as I'am concerend as long as I continue to live my dream what else could one ask for.Good luck everyone and just keep looking I know I will Thanks Capt Rodney

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread