Fresh water ship(boat)wrecks and other things

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
I know I'm a few months on this post but here goes.

http://www.stevesscuba.com/

A few people at work have mentioned this place. I think they do some diving trips around the SW MO area. I don't know if you'd be able to keep anything you found or not, but it might give you some ideas of where to go.

If you're willing to travel a little farther try The Lake of the Ozarks. The lake was filled in the 30s and buried a lot of history under it. I grew up on it and have quite a collection of items I found along the shores and in the bottom while the water level was low.

Cornelius, I have to say I could find Gower. Lived about 7 miles across country from there for a few years. I moved back to SW MO in October.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I spent a few years in Rogers Ar. and went to the Lake all the time.
When the lake was built they left all the Old Towns . They were and flooded over. The only things that were removed were the Graveyards. I would also check out some of the caves on the bluffs over looking te lake and do not forget the Crystals that are available-you can find some real nice pieces with lots of good color.
Good luck.
Peg Leg

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
There was a lot of small towns where table rock lake sits now. With some old maps and new maps of the lake you may be able to find the locations of some of these. From what I heard everyone had to be gone by a certain time and them they filled the lake covering everything. Might be worth scuba diving with a underwater metal detector.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just a little south in Arkansas is Lake Ouachita. It, too, covered a rural area with farms and such. I had friends who dove there frequently and saw the old farmhouses and barns. Wouldn't it be funny to find a "land cache" underwater at an old farmhouse? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread