Mapping Software Question?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Does anyone know of a good mapping software that I can use to Mark shipwrecks and unknown obstructions I have found. I want to create a GPS data base of locations and store information on each site. I also want to mark the location of blower holes and what was found in each. Any ideas.

Could this be done in Microsoft Access or Excell and use the graph feature to display them?

Thanks,

Robert in SC

C

Charles,Oak Island

just check on ebay they still have them for $39.00 just do a search for NOAA Charts

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have this one already. Its OK. The charts for this area are only for offshore and lack detail to about 12 miles out. It also doesn't interface with my Garmin completely. I really like the Loran GPS Vault for data storage and entry. But both programs are really out of date in their user interface and neither will probably be updated. I think the programmer just gave up on both of them. They both had potential!

Robert in SC

C

Charles,Oak Island

I used it with my Garmin marine 48 no problem but am switching it over to my Apelco 15 since I also use the 48 with my magnetometer. The program covers my area that I am working quite well.
Had a free one if I can find the down load site so you can check it out.

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
I'm taking a different approach... Probably not trying to reach the same end-goal/use though.

I'm creating a database of wrecks where I will keep track of each tidbit of info, GPS coordinates, history, specs, etc. I will then, be able to extract the info from the database and import it into MS MapPoint 2004 to create a "MAP" which will show the exact spots of all the wrecks for a particular area.

I don't own a boat, so I don't need to be looking for obsticles.. Of course, I'm sure this data could be imported too.

Garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions