How many TH is now looking for Shipwrecks on Florida coast?

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vox veritas said:
Hi folks,
just a question?
How many TH is now looking for Shipwrecks on Florida coast? (Obviously with permit availables).
I am very grateful for the response.
Cheers VV

Neither a permit?
VV

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
florida has issued very very few commerical permits * of the type needed to do actual "salvage ops" to for profiet salvors-- ever since they lost the MEL FISHER CASE LONG AGO ( check and see for your self when the last "new" permit for profiet bussiness was issued a "harvest" type permit was--- I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT the old MEL FISHER PERMITS (won in a court fight)* which his hiers sold off recently ) -- of course they will and have hand out "look and see" permits --where you basically wind up spending YOUR MONEY to do research that gets turned over to them on a steady basis , but you can not "take" anything off the wrecks to sell to regain your money that you spent and after doing the researcch -- "something" always seems to get in the way og obtaining the " actual" harvest permit --HA HA HA- very funny - so basically its a waste of your time and effort for a for profiet bussiness, to do free "reasearch" for the state of florida.

now not for profiets can get permits no sweat --- its a true "dual stardard" -- there is a very clear bias against for profiet "salvors" in getting the proper permits they need to do "bussiness"

the state of florida has about 15 contracts in total outstanding to the best of my recent current knowledge

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
florida has issued very very few commerical permits * of the type needed to do actual "salvage ops" to for profiet salvors-- ever since they lost the MEL FISHER CASE LONG AGO ( check and see for your self when the last "new" permit for profiet bussiness was issued a "harvest" type permit was--- I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT the old MEL FISHER PERMITS (won in a court fight)* which his hiers sold off recently ) -- of course they will and have hand out "look and see" permits --where you basically wind up spending YOUR MONEY to do research that gets turned over to them on a steady basis , but you can not "take" anything off the wrecks to sell to regain your money that you spent and after doing the researcch -- "something" always seems to get in the way og obtaining the " actual" harvest permit --HA HA HA- very funny - so basically its a waste of your time and effort for a for profiet bussiness, to do free "reasearch" for the state of florida.

now not for profiets can get permits no sweat --- its a true "dual stardard" -- there is a very clear bias against for profiet "salvors" in getting the proper permits they need to do "bussiness"

the state of florida has about 15 contracts in total outstanding to the best of my recent current knowledge

Thanks Ivan

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Vox Veritas there are about 15 salvage companys under contract with the state of Florida but there are over 130 THers searching for shipwrecks without a permit. They know the state will never issue a recovery permit so they don't even bother to get one. The state looses, the THers win!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if the state will not allow basically honest salvor type folks to make a legal living by issuing the permits needed to work legally --many will choose to make a "illegal" living --going over to the "dark" side , having no other choice --the state of florida simply can not "police" all possible wrecks sites at the same time --they do not have the resources and bluntly put there more salvors than archies out there on a daily basis -- they might have their self written "laws" behind them --but who is there to "enforce" them? they are being such silly foolish people.

when ones govt thinks that just because they write a law they feel like writing -- that all the people will and must obey it (like a pack of sheep) they just show how foolish they are -- people disobey laws all the time when they feel they are stupid laws -- speed limits are "laws" --yet people speed all the time -- while "laws" in many cases are needed , they should be as few and a sound as can be --they should be important and make good sense --that way they WILL be respected * when ones govt just writes law after law after law --people become weary of having "too many laws" and laws lose their "special" respect status

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Ivan wrote:

"when ones govt thinks that just because they write a law they feel like writing -- that all the people will and must obey it (like a pack of sheep) they just show how foolish they are -- people disobey laws all the time when they feel they are stupid laws -- speed limits are "laws" --yet people speed all the time -- while "laws" in many cases are needed , they should be as few and a sound as can be --they should be important and make good sense --that way they WILL be respected * when ones govt just writes law after law after law --people become weary of having "too many laws" and laws lose their "special" respect status "

The state disobeys Federal laws and their own state laws, codes, policies, and procedures, on a regular basis.

Laws are supposed to provide true justice and fairness for all. Laws however, have become a tool of oppression and discriminatory practices, without regard that there is a greater government to answer to in the end of all things.

itmaiden

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The state disobeys Federal laws and their own state laws, codes, policies, and procedures, on a regular basis.

Laws are supposed to provide true justice and fairness for all. Laws however, have become a tool of oppression and discriminatory practices, without regard that there is a greater government to answer to in the end of all things.

itmaiden
[/quote]

Yes, the law. I would say the law of the funnel. For treasures are all well orchestrated an international program with "certain" archaeologists indoctrinated and low vision of reality :sign13:.
Cheers VV

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
Vox Veritas there are about 15 salvage companys under contract with the state of Florida but there are over 130 THers searching for shipwrecks without a permit. They know the state will never issue a recovery permit so they don't even bother to get one. The state looses, the THers win!

Hi folks,
who are the 15 companies with permits? Are public and notorious names? I appreciate the help.
VV Cheers

Holiday

Jan 20, 2008
The only areas the State of Florida will allow any artifacts to be brought up, are the very few 20 year old existing leases, that have continued to pay and are grand-fathered in. So if you want to hunt in an existing area legally, you need to contact the owner of the lease. Taffi Fisher, for example just sold her rights to Mr. Brisban and he is hunting off of Sebastian. His finds have been in the news lately. So, unless you search in an area that has a legal salvage lease, and pay them to hunt in 'their' lease ...it is useless to contact a salvage company.
The State will send an 'application' for a "search" permit [I have one in my drawer] and may even approve it, however, no amount of hoop jumping the State makes you do, at this time, they will never allow anything to be brought up unless the State gets 100% of it.
This is exactly what happened to the salvage crew in Stuart. They found stuff, but then abandoned it, thanks to Florida's stonewalling!
Recommended reading: "The Rainbow Chasers" by Tommy Gore [take note of pg6 regarding Fla. laws]

The beautiful 'Eagle' find on 8/16 was within the Brisban lease.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep -- its all a big scam -- they gave em a huge lease area * ---and once they "found the wrecksite" * and wanted to "move on" to the next phaze --the states says --"oh no read the "fine print" in the lease contract "---you must fully mag the entire leased area in your lease and full explore and document EVERY hit within it , before you can "move on" to the next stage ----MMMOOOOHHHHAAAA

welcome to the "white elephant" game ---the huge lease to fully explore and document the way its wrote up before "moving on" will bankrupt any hunter foolish enough to try it * plus it now ties up :all that leased area --legally so the state can say to others --sorry no permits in that area --its legally tied up :wink:

evil wicked stuff they pulled --and now that the state "knows" the exact location --the state archies can just sit back and wait for the lease to expire and jump on it themselves. --- nice way of doing "bussiness" huh.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
yep -- its all a big scam -- they gave em a huge lease area * ---and once they "found the wrecksite" * and wanted to "move on" to the next phaze --the states says --"oh no read the "fine print" in the lease contract "---you must fully mag the entire leased area in your lease and full explore and document EVERY hit within it , before you can "move on" to the next stage ----MMMOOOOHHHHAAAA

welcome to the "white elephant" game ---the huge lease to fully explore and document the way its wrote up before "moving on" will bankrupt any hunter foolish enough to try it * plus it now ties up :all that leased area --legally so the state can say to others --sorry no permits in that area --its legally tied up :wink:

evil wicked stuff they pulled --and now that the state "knows" the exact location --the state archies can just sit back and wait for the lease to expire and jump on it themselves. --- nice way of doing "bussiness" huh.

Hi guys, thanks for your explanations. But, what happens if I do a general survey of the entire leased area, give the results to the institution concerned (with all the targets in my leased area). So I can go on next step: recovery? Or there will be more bureaucratic problems?
Thanks VV

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[size=12pt]Where can I get a copy of the lease conditions for areas with shipwrecks? I appreciate if you send me one or a link where get them.[/size]

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vox,

Daniel McClarnon
[email protected]
Underwater Archaeologist
FL Bureau of Archaeological Research
1001 deSoto Park Drive, Tallahassee FL 32301
Phone number-850.245.6335

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
vox -- I let the "facts" speak for themselves -- the state of florida has basically NOT ISSUED harvest permits in 20 years. -- and without the "proper" recovery permit to actually raise , recover and sell Items --you just wasting your time , and your cash and doing "free research" for the state .

the multi stage "permit" system they have set up gets you all hyped up to go hunt --- and even lets you find stuff , and even figger out what it is or might be -- but then once your all "hot and bothered" they throw the cold water on you -- by not issing the all important "final" permit --the "money maker" the recovery of items and sell permit --without it --no money can be made .

the state of florida is like a "teaser" type date -- she flirts with you ,and gets you all "hot and bothered" so you spend gobs of money on her --the best resturants , ect, ect --but when its time to seal the deal and "put out" --- oppps SO SORRY CHARLIE . NOT GONNA HAPPEN, CAPT.--cold shower time.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Vox,

Daniel McClarnon
[email protected]
Underwater Archaeologist
FL Bureau of Archaeological Research
1001 deSoto Park Drive, Tallahassee FL 32301
Phone number-850.245.6335

Thanks Fish....

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
aaahaa ! I sent for this information, and you should have seen what I received. No coordinates, and map images so small even the best zoom or magnifier could not pick up the finer details. The only thing you could do is take coastline maps and try to match them up. My question to Florida, was "how are you supposed to avoid encroaching on someone's lease area, if you do not have an adequate map or coordinates"?

Their response was, that if I was interested in an area, tell them where it is and apply, and then they will work out the details.

That was basically it.

Good Luck !

itmaiden

Vox veritas said:
[size=12pt]Where can I get a copy of the lease conditions for areas with shipwrecks? I appreciate if you send me one or a link where get them.[/size]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread