Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undersea exploring for treasure is something I enjoy reading about, but don't really have the interest in pursuing it, but....

I just wanted to say how great it is to see such optimism and wonderful advice (mentoring?) being handed out here!! A treasure hunter first and foremost is a "dreamer" and it's just great to see folks encouraging it and helping point someone in the right direction! You all deserve alot of kudos and I hope the original poster finds the rest of his life to be the adventure his heart obviously has been searching for!

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Thanks cubfan for the accolade....

The problem here is folks - out in the world - just don't understand
how their very right to be an instrumental part of the process of exploration
is being legislated away in an effort to standardize government policy
where no "government has any right to exist, and or create policy....

Where is that you all should ask?

The answer is, .... "The unknown"

That is what exploration is all about.... precluding those who actually make
discoveries from being a part of the process is ludicrous....

OP
OP
LM

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dive school is arranged.
The objective at this point is to attain enough basic, underwater experience- prior to actually tagging along with pro salvors- so my 'newbie curve' is gone by the time I go down with them. There's a large freshwater lake by my house; once I get the basics pinned down, I'll try to make one dive every other day at a different point in the lake. I know there are a number of old cars, etc down there, etc... Maybe devise some basic skill building tasks- mapping the bottom, or whatever.

Very, very excited about all this.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure hunting is within the reach of almost everybody.

Perhaps not sunken treasure hunting, however. I certainly realize (better than most, actually) there are a number of professional and semi-professional wet treasure hunters out there. I'm certainly not saying it can't be done.

I am suggesting it is much easier for most people to get started on land. This is a little like dowsing. I'm not saying it can't be done. Some people can do it. However, almost anyone can use a metal detector. So, are you going to start trying something that apparently only works for a few folks - or go with what appears to work for almost everyone willing to work at it?

Purchase a copy of Karl von Mueller's Treasure Hunter's Manual #7. Read it. Then read it again.

Purchase a copy of Karl's Owlhooter's Manual. Repeat as above. His Waybills to El Dorado is another good one (I know it says Vol. 1 on the cover - unfortunately, there's just one.)

If you need help locating any of these fine books, send me an email and I'd be glad to assist you.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Then obtain a copy of Treasure Hunter's Manual #6. By now you should know what to do.

Down the road you may find (pun intended) yourself seeking and finding sunken treasure. Despite the best efforts of many people there are a few places left you can do it. But why wait? Why limit yourself? If a life of adventure is what you want, why not start now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread