DR issues recovery permit

Sommy

Aug 4, 2007
overseas
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The DR issued a recovery permit, why can't Florida?

I know some of you don't like public companies, but sometimes(ok, rarely) they do well.

SALT LAKE CITY, UT--(Marketwire - 09/02/10) - Deep Blue Marine, Inc., (Pinksheets:DPBE - News), announced today that the company has received the requested recovery authorization on the sites it is currently contracted. Deep Blue Marine, Inc. previously signed an agreement to provide services in the area of survey and recovery of artifacts for an undisclosed permitted area on the north shore and has been doing so under the auspices and as specified in its contract with the Government of the Dominican Republic, and working under the supervision of the Marina de Guerra Dominicana and an inspector from the Oficina Nacional de Patrimonio Cultural Subacuatico. This recovery authorization has been awarded as the result of major historical finds in the contract area.

The location of the find will not be released to the public at this time, but company vessels will be onsite until the recovery is deemed completed.

Wilf Blum, President and CEO, stated, "Captain Billy and his crew are to be commended for the professional manner in which they have conducted this survey and the recovery so far. To date the divers have recovered more than 120 silver coins, silver discs varying in size from two pounds to twelve pounds, ship's fittings and some gold jewelry pieces. Artifacts date to the early colonial period and are now being turned over to the government. Although this looks like a very promising site, and all indications are pointing to a very successful recovery of substantial and important artifacts, we are not yet prepared to name the ship or even the origin as we have found links to three possible countries of origin. Shareholders are advised that a recovery site has now been opened, however no major structure has been found. We have found well over 220 artifacts including ships fittings, weapons, and coins, but no structure. Even though we are highly encouraged by these finds, there is no definitive proof that there is a shipwreck structure in this area. The authorization allows us to now excavate the entire area and recover whatever artifacts we find. The recovery is under the direction of Alejandro Selmi, our senior staff archaeologist."

Mr. Blum went on to say, "As always, investing in this type of venture is very risky and no one should invest in this type of venture if they cannot safely tolerate that risk."

Journalists and individuals seeking interviews are encouraged to contact Mr. Randy Champion at Deep Blue Marine's head office in Salt Lake City, Utah, phone 801-568-1873, cell 801-631-9104 or e-mail at [email protected]. All media will be directed through Mr. Champion.

For more information on Deep Blue Marine, Inc. (DPBE) go to www.alldeepblue.com

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Statements in this press release relating to plans, strategies, economic performance and trends, projections of results of specific activities or investments, and other statements that are not descriptions of historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking information is inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, risk factors inherent in doing business. Forward-looking statements may be identified by terms such as "may," "will," "should," "could," "expects," "plans," "intends," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "forecasts," "potential," or "continue," or similar terms or the negative of these terms. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. The company has no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wilf Blum, President and CEO, stated, "Captain Billy and his crew are to be commended for the professional manner in which they have conducted this survey and the recovery so far.

Could this be my old friend Billy Becker? Anyone know?

Tom

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Sommy,

As I can see, you are new in this Forum, so first thing first - welcome! Among the others you will meet great persons, professionals with more than impressive treasure hunting backround and people that can give you very valuable information in this field on this Forum. I made real friends through this Forum and some of them I even met later in person in treasure hunting adventures. At least, it has been my experience with this Forum during more than 5 years that I have been a member. I wish you the same luck that I have had here.

Because you most probably do not know me, I have been living and working as a diver, treasure hunter and shipwreck researcher in the Dominican Republic for almost 11 years. I closely work with Dominican authorities, museums and National Underwater Patrimony Office as well. Regarding the permits, it is definitely not easy process here and Deep Blue Marine was one of very few companies that have received a permit recently. Much more companies that have asked for permits during the last years were refused because of many objective reasons like not sufficient experience in the field, not sufficient proof of financing for the whole period of lease, not qualified staff, and many others. Let me also tell you that the permit to Deep Blue Marine was not issued only because of some significant finds in their lease area, the whole ocean around this island is full of historic shipwrecks, but it was mainly based on long term dedication, perseveration and good will to help to this country from part of Deep Blue Marine. They opened shipwreck artifacts museum in Samana, and as I know they were always willing to help, they had also a project of underwater park. They have been active in this island for a long time before they got a lease for the area they asked for. My opinion is that they deserve it. I would like to make one thing clear here - I do not work for Deep Blue Marine, I am not paid by them, I know Mr. Wilf Blum, but only by phone, not personally, I am just saying here my opinion. The world of treasure hunters in the Dominican republic is very small, including respective state authorities, Indiana University that strictly work here on archaeological bases and has nothing to do with treasure hunters, ADMAT team that work on the same principle, and other persons like photographers or movie producers of shipwrecks in Dominican waters and I must say that am glad that I can be part of it with my work and with my books.
Anyway, I wish you good luck in Florida and just remember that to get salvage permits is not easy anywhere in the world in these days.

Regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sommy said:
I know some of you don't like public companies, but sometimes(ok, rarely) they do well.

Not this one, not in a thousand years. ::)

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I think they are full of good intentions, but have very poor management.

I was heavily invested in Deep Blue for a while and lost my arse! I still have some shares, but they are pretty much worthless!

Robert

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
98mm outstanding shares trading in PK-Land @ less than .01 and a market cap equal to the change in Slim Helú's couch is usually a pretty damn good sign of 'a wee bit of a problem' and warranted a bit more googling; apparently, their former incarnation was a company named Uniprime Capital Acceptance which got it's face ripped off by the SEC for some bogus AIDS cure scheme on the basis of any number of totally deliberate, false representations, etc....

So, first a fictitious AIDS cure scheme, then on to releasing 98mm shares in an underwater treasure hunting company? Yeah. LOL. I'd tread way lightly with giving any money to these guys (at least, of course, until they get their Alpaca farming operation in full swing. I hear that has a bright future)

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
mad4wrecks said:
Wilf Blum, President and CEO, stated, "Captain Billy and his crew are to be commended for the professional manner in which they have conducted this survey and the recovery so far.

Could this be my old friend Billy Becker? Anyone know?

Tom

Tom,
Captain Billy isn't Billy Becker. It's Billy R. and he was a commercial fisherman from Key West, before he worked for Deep Blue. Captain Billy is one heck of a good boat Captain. I will say that for him,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread