Jumping back into the abyss...

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It has been some time since I have been doing any hunting, and am planning on getting back into it since I just purchased my first boat. I live in Central Florida and have had some pretty decent success water hunting around here. Just getting back into this poses some unique issues that I hope you guys can help me with. First, I need a detector. My last u/w machine was a Whites Surfmaster 2. I went to their site the other day, and it appears that they no longer make this machine. Mine is toast due to a bad O-ring which caused the machine to flood out :'(. I am a firm believer in horse trading, and have recently ended up with more laptop computers than I really need. As such, I am looking for a good water machine to trade for a like new Sony Vaio Pentium 4 machine. I will forward some system specs as needed if anyone is interested. Secondly, I am looking for some dive buddies in the Central Florida area who are looking for someone to hit the area lakes with a 20' pontoon boat. Basically share the fuel and food/soda costs for the boat, and hit some of these lakes that are more readily accessable by boat as opposed to beach diving, private access to public water situations, etc. If any of this sounds like a plan, drop me a note in here or by email.

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
I have a very nice Garrett Sea Hunter with new charger. I bought it to see if I liked it better than my Fisher. I think they work exactly the same, I was just used to the Fisher and am going to keep that one.

Everything in this photo was found with the Garrett, so I think she has good luck attached to her too :)

Attachments

• DSC06815s.JPG
    DSC06815s.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 412
OP
OP
Ocaliman

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Nice... Did you X ray them to see what was under the crust? Send me an email with the particulars about the Garrett. I may be looking for a machine that will allow me to do some land hunting as well, but this one may work.

J

J@J salvors

I just purchased a Viper Trident From Kellyco For 229.00 It is the best one I have used Yet For land and water hunting
It s Drawback is it uses only one 9v battery :) :( But they only really last about 10 hours
Hope this helps
Good Hunting

OP
OP
Ocaliman

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I finally got a response from a Minelab dealer in Colorado who traded me a new Excalibur 1000 for my laptop. I appreciate the heads-up.

J

J@J salvors

Just got an aqua pulse
it does not go really deep 3inch tops(through sand)
and it is much smaller than I thought
but you guys like the minelabs no leaking problems?
Joe

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
J@J salvors said:
I just purchased a Viper Trident From Kellyco For 229.00 It is the best one I have used Yet For land and water hunting
It s Drawback is it uses only one 9v battery :) :( But they only really last about 10 hours
Hope this helps
Good Hunting
I DEFINITELY got shafted! I just bought a Viper Trident from Kellyco on Monday, May 22, and it cost me $349.95!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions