The other Bank of Spain (part 4). The numbers.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Undoubtedly a total of 20,000 wrecked or sank in Spanish territorial waters along its largest colonial expansion."

If spain has all these wrecks near them,why would they bother with anyone else finding wrecks anywhere else in the world?

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
Because they're allowed to and retarded countries like the United States let'em.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
FISHEYE said:
"Undoubtedly a total of 20,000 wrecked or sank in Spanish territorial waters along its largest colonial expansion."

If spain has all these wrecks near them,why would they bother with anyone else finding wrecks anywhere else in the world?
Because the ships were Spanish, and Spain wants to retain of any of their ships or shipwrecks, regardless of where they sank in the world. Spain owned most of the New World at one time, along with Portugal.

Besides, would you cede (give up) your rights to salvage valuables sometime in the future, when recovery might become more economically feasible?

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Thanks for the site! Explains a lot. Didn't know any Spanish were seeking the Mercedes in 2005.

Tuberale,
as I explain in my book Galleons and sunken treasure, in 1982 the Portuguese Navy gave us a survey permit for 90 days. I got nautical historical data with various log book of Spanish officials, and with information from a master of fishing (trawling) we determine a very specific area near the coast of Cape Santa Maria. A spot with several guns (we used side scan sonar and magnetometer) could be the target. Also in this same spot the fishermen pulled, caught in a net, a huge piece of wood with several large nails. I had many drawings of ancient Spanish shipbuilding ships and the fisherman confirmed to me that the nails were the same.
Subsequently, the survey permit was suspended and had no opportunity to verify the site with divers.
In 1997 another Portuguese divers said they found the Mercedes. They took me to the place with a television channel and the point was the same.
In 1991 the COMEX of Henry Deleuze, was asked to sign an agreement with me, but we do not reach an understanding.
VV

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:

Yes, Spain and Portugal are the world's oceans full of rich galleons, but many are owned by both countries.
The UK has implemented the same policy with their military vessels.
This is reality, and will be very difficult change it. Unless ....
VV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions