What ships of 1715 fleet have yet to be found?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh that info is like gold -- its very worth while info to know --(which ships and where to look at--its called 'research" and its costly ) let me put it another way --- so just tell me (for free) just where should i go to find 2 missing treasure ships full of 1715 era treasure , so i can either claim them for myself or loot them * --now can you kindly explain to me why anyone * if they in fact knew or had a good ideal where these wrecks are at should tell you for "free"? where to go and possibly make millions - they would have to be crazy to do that , wouldn't you think?

OP
OP
J

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
keep their names secret ....ok....didn't mean to interrupt your fact-finding trip to Seville.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well most are of the veiw that there are at least 2 "missing 1715 fleet vessels" known as the NAO CLASS vessel San Miguel and the french prize vessel known as "El Ciervo" (the stag) both from ECHEVERZ FLEET -- they are believed according to records to have broken away from the main fleet earlier before the main storm hit--- going on a more northly tack similar to the way the griffon did however they are thought to have not turned to the west like the griffon did and thus the storm caught up with and sank them is the popular veiw --there are tons of guess as to where.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one will know what ships in the 1715 fleet have been found till some artifact that was on a documented manifest is found.Like the queens jewels.There are wrecks on top of wrecks.from the 1500's to the present.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the jewels were reported to be aboard --Ubilla's main treasure vessel :wink: :icon_thumright:

find the queens jewels and watch the spanish "our hertiage" fight begin - oh yah-- :happy1: :boxing: :whip2: :violent1: :BangHead:

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
So much talk of the queens jewels brings up and
old saying.....

"B _ _ _ s, said the Queen!" "If I had two, I would be King!" :tongue3: :laughing9: :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• Assuming a position com.jpg
    Assuming a position com.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 2,110
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,527

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt dom said:
So much talk of the queens jewels brings up and
old saying.....

"B _ _ _ s, said the Queen!" "If I had two, I would be King!" :tongue3: :laughing9: :icon_pirat:

EEE - yuuuu! ;D

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Sorry but attempting to positively work closely with some
of those within the archeological community has
left me a bit damaged..... as they usually are
trying get at this part of you I wear a warning sign
:BangHead: :violent1: :BangHead: :violent1: :icon_pirat:

Attachments

207.8 KB · Views: 1,485
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,473

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I say fire that pirate cannon in their face !! - a doulble load of prune shot!!

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
I saw a ship that fits the description of the URCA. What is it worth to anyone ?

itmaiden

mad4wrecks said:
Johnnyboy, I think Ivan misunderstood your question and thought you were asking for locations, rather than just names.

If you do a search of this forum, you will find several different answers to your question.

For one example, the wreck at Pepper Park, which the state of Florida has designated as an underwater archaeological site, and which they call the Urca de Lima, may not in fact be that ship. Many are of the opinion, based on archival information, that the Urca is further south, near St Lucie inlet.

The truthful answer is, not a single ship of the 1715 fleet has been 100% positively identified. I believe in the admiralty documents they are all referred to as "unidentified wooden sailing ships" or something to that effect.

Tom

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Those who seek treasure should seek those who have done the research, and pay them.

itmaiden

ivan salis said:
the jewels were reported to be aboard --Ubilla's main treasure vessel :wink: :icon_thumright:

find the queens jewels and watch the spanish "our hertiage" fight begin - oh yah-- :happy1: :boxing: :whip2: :violent1: :BangHead:

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: Arrgh, or cut them in for a slice of the booty. It be a Pirate's Crew and all share in the prize or all go without. :icon_pirat:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any chance the Queen's jewels got on a ship, that sank in what is now a designated archaeological site? I'm sure they would have done that, if even the slightest possibility of it.

But, as you say...it is just broken pieces of ships and hard to identify.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
uh more like a "aquatic preserve zone"---like say on the barcolonga " rescue and treasure recovery vessel" sent out of havana , cuba to the 1715 fleet wrecks sites to pick up vips and treasure from the 1715 fleet * --that sank "about 40 miles north of st augustine" -- (ie in nassau sound) between talbot and amelia island in florida *-- this according to the imfamous "govenor of virginia alexander spotswood letter to brish home sec --lord stanhope -- dated oct 24th of 1715* ( in a ps at the bottom of the letter) in which spotswood --spells out the above "details" and is basically asking stanhope to ask the king if its ok for him to loot the nassau sound wreck site (since its in spanish waters and is a spanish vessel )--- since they had just ended a 13 year long war between the two countries (1701 to 1714 ) spotwood wanted the royal ok before doing anything that might cause war to break out again to cover his arse-- because if he did it without the kings blessing ,and got the war started anew it could have got him hung or beheaded --or at the very least loss of his "office" as govenor .---

you see after mel fisher won his court case (which really pissed off both the state of florida and the fed govt) the judge in the case said the state had to sent up a permitting process for folks to get permits to salvage treasure wrecks -- however the judge said that "aquatic preserve zones and historic preserve zones would be exempted from permits being issued for them" -- so the state promptly made lots of those types of zones in most of the areas where early treasure fleets travelled on a regular basis thus --"closing off access" to those areas -- nassau sound just happened one of those areas . --yep it really really sucks. -- theres a nov of 1769 english map made by capt willam fuller of the waters around amelia island and the island that shows a pre nov of 1769 "wreck" in the sound.

the state refuses to issue a permit for the area --"off limits" they say --they even went as far as years ago making the local beaches at talbot state park "off limits to metal detecting at the northern end" ( the bay where the wreck is at) and -- just a few years ago they got the southern tip of amelia island and turned it into a state park as well and made it too "off limits" to metal detecting those beaches as well.--- its a damn shame really

the feds "fixed" it so no one esle could use the maritime courts like mel did by splitting up old wrecks from modern ones via the the "abandoned shipwreck act" --which made old treasure wrecks in states waters ---a state "permitting" issue rather than a federal "maritime salvage case" like modern ships are *

the oct 24th of 1715 letter tells you what type of vessel it was "a barcolonga" where the vessel came from "havana" cuba --what it was doing --"going to the 1715 fleets site to recover VIPS and treasure" -- and where it sank at roughly "about 40 miles north of st augustine "--- very detailed information *
the map from nov of 1769 ( 54 years later - long after the 1715 letter writers are dead)) shows the wreck location site in nassau sound

the letter writers of 1715 knew roughly where it was and what it was but did not mess with it for fear of restarting a war -- and by the time of the 1769 map making *(54 yearas later) they were all long dead --the map maker of 1769 just knew there was a wreck and did not know about it being a treasure wreck to him it was just a "hazard" to be avoided.

only once the two "puzzle pieces" are put together does the truth come out of hidding. :wink: :icon_thumright:

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at the map on my laptop but bthe resolution is bad. Do you know the coordinates of the Nassau Bay wreck site? Hard to believe that someone has not already scanned the area. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread