Aquapulse

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Ok ok before this gets moved to Detecting, I wondered who uses what size coil conistently with the 1b unit, I use an 8 inch coil I have a big one with extended shaft ... (even my wife agrees) but for the short shaft, anyone using a 10 or 12? How close can you be to yourself without interferance? Dam sounds bad I will have another drink and check back as to any answers.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought about putting the 10" coil on the short shaft but haven't tried it yet. The 10" coil on the telescoping shaft is just too heavy and unwieldy.

Like you, I was concerned that the 10" coil on the sort shaft would get interference from my dive gear.
I will let you know, if we ever get back in the water anytime soon.

Tom

OP
OP
O

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Thanks Tom,

Glad you answered was hoping you would maybe Goho Greg could give his two cents...I have the whole setup ffor my 1B extended shaft 18 coil etc etc, probe..and so forth. I use the 1b in surf conditions not in harbour as there is so much junk it gets going on 2 foot deep pop cans. When off island I only use the 1b not minelab as it really is ideal and fits in all over, its time consuming and i wonder how much i may miss using the 8 incher. Well thanks again.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I use the 8

timeconsuming maybe but gets "under and around"

remember when I dove with Harold Holden and Buddy Martin used the larger coil a lot
we were working 1810 off Archies - hitting some good flat coquina bottom holes - my first "job" was checking the
pockets with an Aquapulse and probe - before I earned the right to search the hole!

have been meaning to try the larger coil for roaming

Bonnie

OP
OP
O

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Had several toys, swing a minelab. JW with anderson shaft but love my Aquapulse, Im lazy, spoilt dont like diggin iron, still missed coins on spikes because of this, thanks for the input on the coil Bonnie, ps I dived for a long time for two older chaps 88 and 90 years of age both dived with me both were famous in their own right good times....your moms a gem. Be good...cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread