Not all Treasure is Silver and Gold...

REALESALVAGE

Jun 25, 2010
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse, Pulse 8, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Troy here, The seas are rough so we decided to Hunt beach treasure today and had no luck, there is still not enough cut on the beaches here. On the way back we noticed a small Green Sea Turtle that was unable to submerge. He was just kind of floating around with his tail up and in sure distress from exhaustion. I made a few calls and no one was available to come out so we loaded him or her on the dink and brought now named (Squirt) to the marina, the nice people from http://www.seaturtlespacecoast.org sent Mr David Cheney down from Coco Beach to pick Squirt up. Squirt is now getting the rehab he or she needs down in Boca Raton at http://www.gumbolimbo.org and should make a full recovery. We will keep you updated as to the recovery and may Squirt return to the ocean to live a full life. Not all Treasure is Silver and Gold, have a heart and do your part. If ever you come across an injured animal please help them remember they cannot help themselves. Thanks for checking out these sites and Happy Hunting... Today's the Day!

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 677
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 680
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 673

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's quite a compassionate thing you did Troy. Nice work. :icon_thumright:

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Excellent! My wife and I stopped in at the turtle hospital in Marathon Key last week, we learned alot about these little guys, sometime really big guys too like the loggerheads. We even "adopted" a mostly blind one named April.
I admire and commend you for your compassion.
Danny.

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
I love the title. It's more than appropriate here.

Major Kudos to you Troy. Truly a "job well done" that Mother Nature will soon not forget.

:headbang:

Reef Dawg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the best part of treasure hunting, just being around exceptional things in exceptional places with exceptional people. :thumbsup:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey Troy,
I just picked up a Gopher Turtle from the road Thursday morning on the way to work. I turned the truck sideways so the traffic wouldn't get me or the turtle and even the impatient drivers got patience. I loaded him up and released him in the woods near a nice lake where he's in little danger of venturing back on a roadway. Glad to see you helping them too!
Aquanut

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The world is not changed by those who wish, but by those who get involved. Glad to see you got involved, Troy and John. God's creatures are better for it!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Troy,

Great job on saving squirt.I hope he/she gets better.Richie Moretti owns the turtle hospital at marathon key.I have known Richie since the early 80's.I used to work for him in longwood florida at his richies economy cars VW restoration shop as a bodyman and painter.He closed down the shop in 1986 to retire to marathon to run a hotel with a salt water swimming pool and soon started collecting marine life for his pool.And of course started saving sea turtles after that.He has a 1 of a kind sea turtle hospital in the world.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Richie.jpg
    Richie.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 469
OP
OP
REALESALVAGE

REALESALVAGE

Jun 25, 2010
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse, Pulse 8, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the great responses, I always try to do my part. I look forward to getting back out on the water soon and posting up some Pict's of Real Treasure. Good luck all and Happy Hunting, Today's the Day! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions