LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Amazing pics.
Sad that the poor guy died. The second to last pic, that's either a weird angle, or it appears that his arm is broken pretty badly, which gives you an idea of just how hard he hit. .

Still, kinda reminds one of the last line in the movie Legends of the Fall (no tacky pun intended) .

"... it was a good death."

Short of going out peacefully in your sleep at a ripe old age, going out doing what you love is a pretty damn good way to go out.

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Sorry for him and his family. Sheesh aren't the people on that website forum that are posting just too insensitive? I mean really , the comments display some of the worst things about the kind of mentality people have, especially on the internet, do they need to make stupid comments in an attempt to appear clever?
God rest his soul.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kut2TheChase said:
Sorry for him and his family. Sheesh aren't the people on that website forum that are posting just too insensitive? I mean really , the comments display some of the worst things about the kind of mentality people have, especially on the internet, do they need to make stupid comments in an attempt to appear clever?
God rest his soul.

God rest his soul,

Amen.....

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May he rest in peace.. so very very sad. my condolenscenes to his family..

fladiverdown

Aug 23, 2010
Condolences to the family. I overheard a conversation that he was going to have his Eisenglas (thick plastic and canvas, zippered windows) put on later that day. Might have saved him from at least falling out of the bridge and off the boat. Maybe not. Doesn't matter now. Rest in Peace Captain.

Black Bart

OP
OP
sphillips

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kut2TheChase said:
God rest his soul.

I agree. I didnt send the infor for the complete forum, just the event. Too bad for his family and friends.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
rough seas or no rough seas at times -- money needs say --go to sea , and so seamen do -- we face the hardship and dangers that the oceans dish out on a daily basis * all day , everyday to allow trade between nations to flow -- to take folks sport fishing , to treasure dive

We sea folk bravely face the deadly sea with its hungry maw open waiting to feast upon your bones if its "your day"-- sadly it was "his day" that day -- my god have mercy upon his soul and ease his familys pain --

as a old retired seafarer I was "blessed" enough to have made my living from the sea for 27 long hard years and survived it --thou I'm much worse from the wear and tear health wize ) -- one thing I can say is this for everything the ocean "gives" you --its takes something in return and that you may count upon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread