the Portugese fleet

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Drivenn by a storm the Portugese treasure fleet was blown across the coast of Portugal into the coast of France . They were the ,,capitana de Meneses ,, the ,,Santiago,, Santa Helena ,, ,, SĂ o Jose ,, ,,Santa Isabel,, ,,SĂ o JoĂ o,, ,, SĂ o Filipe ,, and the ,,SĂ o Bartolomeu ,, . Some of these ships had a very rich cargo . Lots of goodies have never been salvaged . Especially the SĂ o Bartolomeu is worth looking at . It is hard to get a permit from the French government but if you are able to get one you may be in for a large reward . Cornelius

Attachments

• les Portugais.jpg
    les Portugais.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 269

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
This is from "D. Francisco Manuel de Melo, Dom Manuel de Meneses, e outras testemunhas: Le naufrage des portugais sur les côtes de Saint-Jean-de-Luz & d'Arcachon (1627). Édition établie par Jean-Yves Blot & Patrick Lizé. Relations traduites par Georges Boisvert. Paris, Chandeigne, 2000"

A guy that really wants to go and do this place is the San Diego/Alexandria mastermind Franck Goddio.

Portugal has refused - and France has accepted this position - any venture that wants to comercially exploit these wrecks.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The wrecks are left to the pirates. Little by little, year after year the wrecks will disappear and both France and Portugual will get nothing!

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
The wrecks are left to the pirates. Little by little, year after year the wrecks will disappear and both France and Portugual will get nothing!

Salvor6,
gold and silver do not have legs. Will continue where they are for many centuries. Big Brother knows.
VV

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Travelled along that whole coastline in 1988 on a surf trip. Didn't realize I could have been surfing on wreck sites. If I knew now what I knew then. Beautiful countries and people by the way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread