All Treasure Hunting

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signumops said:
Junk washing machines?

All they have to do is buy a copy of Claudio Bonifacio's "Galleons con Tesoros" (the English edition is "Galleons And Sunken Treasure") and they would FIND something they might think is of historic 'value'. He practically dumps it in their laps.

Terry,
indeed, they would have "subtract" me on a ghostly police operation to promote a "certain company" competitor. Interestingly the numbers of 800 wrecks with treasures and 3,000 shipwrecks are mine.
The history and the documents have memory.
VV

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, let's be realistic and learn from history. Since the dawn of humanity, the conqueror has been the best part.
Currently, the best part is having technology, control raw materials production and selling prices, but more impressive is to have information. Ask ourselves: who is now the conqueror and the conquered?
In every civilization there was looting, enslavement, brutality, few can boast of saints.
I repeat: learn from history and reflect.
VV

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Vox veritas said:
Gentlemen, let's be realistic and learn from history. Since the dawn of humanity, the conqueror has been the best part.
Currently, the best part is having technology, control raw materials production and selling prices, but more impressive is to have information. Ask ourselves: who is now the conqueror and the conquered?
In every civilization there was looting, enslavement, brutality, few can boast of saints.
VV

OR another words..... :tongue3:

The people who write the history books are the people who won...... :smileinbox:

Every generation gets a chance to re-write history.....
and thus our view of it is skewed to what every message
successful authors and or their publicists or the present
powers wish to flog....

"worthless coastal villages" ha, ha, thats like the line
from movie, "Treasure of Serra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart....

"Badges,...! Badges,....!" "We don't need no stinkin Badges"

P.S. OH, by the way....
My book signing is tonight at 7:00pm at the Castaways Bar
{The Square Grouper} you all are invited to our informal
as Roger Smith's wife refers to us, "Scoundrels" gathering....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a thought....maybe if you professional salvors changed your professional description to "Conquistadors" Spain would back you? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

"Where some look for gold, we find our heritage." :o

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
You are most probably on the right
track...

Last I heard, one of the better known former professional salvers
Art Hartman went one better... like the conquistadors he
was spreading the word of "baby jesus"

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt dom said:
Vox veritas said:
VV

OR another words..... :tongue3:

The people who write the history books are the people who won...... :smileinbox:

Every generation gets a chance to re-write history.....
and thus our view of it is skewed to what every message
successful authors and or their publicists or the present
powers wish to flog....

"worthless coastal villages" ha, ha, thats like the line
from movie, "Treasure of Serra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart....

"Badges,...! Badges,....!" "We don't need no stinkin Badges"

P.S. OH, by the way....
My book signing is tonight at 7:00pm at the Castaways Bar
{The Square Grouper} you all are invited to our informal
as Roger Smith's wife refers to us, "Scoundrels" gathering....

Dom,
it's true. We should give it to write their own history to the conquered. Undoubtedly, the coin has two sides.
VV

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Funny thing V.V.
:angry4: :pain10: :argue:

Most of the coins we find only have one good side! :smileinbox:

The other most often looks like the surface of the moon! :o
So much for the timeless time capsule bull crap...

I highly doubt anyone is going to belly up
and support the "heathen native position"

the guys with the guns get to make the rules.... ;D
the bigger the guns the more likely somebody
may listen to his or her rules.... :read2:

now I am off to wash my gun off and go
to my book signing...

I surely hope Jupiter Dude shows up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff K said:
Great Video Jeff, It hard in Australia as well, Our government keeps spending to keep the economy going, but the people will have to pay it back. Lucky for Australia China spends Billions on our raw products, or we would be like Greece.
If someone wants a job I am looking for two Tyre Fitters, Pays about $40,000 a year.
Jeff, good time to buy a House in Spain on the Beach with a Pontoon, You can tie up the Odyssey Explorer :laughing7:
Cheers, Ossy

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
SPAIN’S SEA TREASURE –NOT UP FOR GRABS
Print | Send to a friend
Staff Reporter / 2010-10-15 12:27:07

The Spanish sea bed is alleged to be littered with treasure from sunken ships dating back over 4 centuries.

Now that a multitude of new technology makes finding the sunken gold and valuable antiques a lot easier, the race is on to see who is capable of locating the booty first. Odyssey Marine Exploration took home a trove of gold and silver from the wreck of the Spanish vessel Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes two years ago, not without a fair amount of controversy. The treasure hunters have yet to return their find, despite several court decisions in Spain’s favour.

Ever since, authorities have started taking the protection of the country’s underwater archaeological heritage seriously. Until recently, only the regions of Catalonia, Valencia and Andalusia had specific centres devoted to this type of cultural asset. But now, the central government is getting involved and the navy recently sent the minesweeper Sella out for a month to comb the bottom of the Gulf of Cádiz in search of archaeological remains.

This was the first time that military units were involved in such a task, following an agreement reached last year between the Culture and Defence Ministries. But this kind of cooperation is expected to become commonplace as authorities seek to chart the archaeological remains lying in waters off the entire coast of Spain. Experts estimate that there may be around 3,000 shipwrecks yet to be explored in this vestige-rich part of the world.

During the month that the minesweeper was out in the Gulf of Cádiz, it located 128 wrecks at depths of no more than 200 meters. Archaeologists are now determining how many of these, if any, are of historical value. When a shipwreck is located less than 50 meters below the surface, the initial analysis will be carried out by divers. For ships deeper down mechanical devices will be deployed.
Of the 15 wrecks studied so far, the only item of any value is an anchor dating back to the 18th century. Most of the other remains will very likely be ignored. “They could turn out to be washing machines,” admits the technical chief of the mission, Daniel González-Aller.
So far, explorers have found vestiges of what might be city ruins and several ship-like structures, but as yet there is no trace of the two most desirable shipwrecks, that of the Santísima Trinidad (sunk during the battle of Trafalgar in 1805) or the Reina Regente (a galleon that went down during a storm in the late 19th century). “We will keep looking,” announced Defence Minister Carme Chacón, speaking aboard the Sella. “Where some see booty, we see our history. Where others seek gold, we look for our heritage. Where others would like to plunder, we want to preserve.”

The statement was a warning to other would-be treasure hunters — and the coast of Cádiz, on the southern tip of Spain, is certainly abundant in treasure: it is estimated to hold between 17 and 27 percent of the 3,000 shipwrecks along the entire Spanish coast. Identifying exactly how many there are and where they are located will help protect them, believes the director general of Fine Arts and Cultural Assets, Ángeles Albert, who adds that the resulting charts will not become “public information,” offsetting fears that the initiative may in fact be helpful to looters.

http://www.theleader.info/article/25429/spains-sea-treasure-not-up-for-grabs/

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks,
In 1986 I submited a draft for underwater archeology survey from the Portuguese border (Ayamonte, Atlantic Ocean) to Gibraltar with the best company in underwater archeology in 1986 (with 196 works for the Ministry of Culture of Italy). ALL FREE. It was not accepted. Now all are tears and complaints.
Cheers VV

http://hemeroteca.abc.es/nav/Navigate.exe/hemeroteca/sevilla/abc.sevilla/1991/07/28/052.html

http://hemeroteca.abc.es/nav/Navigate.exe/hemeroteca/sevilla/abc.sevilla/1992/12/21/056.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread