Dominican Republic Government Awards Exclusive Salvage Contract to ARS

AquapulseBill

Dec 20, 2010
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B-Compact
Hi, I have been working with Bobby Pritchett on this project for the past two years. Initially I met him as the Aquascan agent, and was just giving advice on equipment questions about metal detectors and magnetometers. Beginning April of this year I have been working as a member of the ARS team.

I have worked with many of the treasure hunters over the years in my role as an Aquascan agent in the US, and I have also worked with quite a few of the different groups on projects throughout the world. I must say that working with Bobby on this project has been like a dream come true. He is serious about doing the whole job properly, not just finding treasure. He has spent a lot of time and money doing research and getting his lease. He wants to do things correctly and by the rules, and give the Dominican government the archaeological information from each site and employ appropriate techniques to minimize disturbing the ecology.

Of course this takes a lot of money and I think Bobby would be the first to admit that he is in it for the money and artifacts, but NOT JUST THE MONEY AND ARTIFACTS. He loves spending hours researching information about how the old ships were built and trying to identify things he has photographed on various sites. He sincerely wants to help the communities here in the Dominican Republic, and has plans for community cleanup projects, a T-shirt program to help enforce the fishing seasons, a museum, etc.

He has made this work his lifestyle and wants to be able to continue doing it for many years to come. To accomplish that goal, he MUST do the work correctly, keep the various government agencies happy, keep the communities happy, so they work with us instead of resenting our presence.

One GREAT thing about Bobby is his lack of greed. I have met so many people in this business that are driven by greed. Bobby is the opposite, he wants to succeed, but he wants to share his success with all that help him and all that make it possible.

So, although we really like all the great comments, we are definitely doing it for the money, BUT we are also definitely doing it for the archaeological information, to help put some great recoveries in local museums, to build a new museum, and to do some ongoing community projects to help the local communities.

We just finished an initial survey of part of our area and I am totally amazed at the number of discoveries we made.

settle

Dec 22, 2010
I have known Bobby for 4 years and have had business dealings with him also. He is a very straight shooter. He is my neighbor in the DR and I have been watching his progress with this adventure. I think everything you are reading is on the conservative side. He is getting pretty excited about the possibilities of what is out there.

Settle

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Aquapulse Bill,

Thanks for your post, I was just about to write EXACTLY the same..... You stole my ideas, man! Bill, I wish you nice Christmas for you, for your Ecuatorian wife and your son as well. Looking forward to meet you here in the beginning of January again, this time picking up some goodies!

All the best,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes Bobadilla the profit is good when you find the mother lode but the thrill of holding a piece of history in your hands is priceless!

OP
OP
V

veryoldthunter

Greenie
Aug 26, 2010
What is going on with ARS and Seafarer? First I hear Seafarer retained Mr. Pritchett as consutant and then ARS has on thier site that they have Letter of intent with Seafarer but now I dont hear anything for a while. Anything happening with that?

Veryold

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Cpt. Jim Mims,

I was really surprised to read that your ancesters were Templar Knights from England..... You know, it´s not only interesting in general, but it is very interesting for me in particular. I did deep research and much travelling in order to find out where my "strange" surname comes from. It is not typical at all for my country of origin, it could not be found in any heraldic book or genealogy research. After almost two decades of research I found out, mainly thanks to library in Edinburg, that my ancestors were Vikings settled in Scotland in 10th century. The proffesor of Edinburg University was even so kind that he found an original transcription of my Celtic name. We together found out that there is a even village, north of Edinburg, that still bears my surname. So, buddy, our ancestors might fight or together or in opposte bands in the past, who knows. But the most important thing is, that now in this project we are literally on the same boat.
Merry Christmas, Captain!

Lobo

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
In the real world,Treasure hunters do it for the money, and they don't
give a S--T where it came from !!!

That is very offensive and also untrue.

Wishing the salvors good fortune and good weather :icon_thumleft: - we are all enriched by what is recovered from the sea.

Bonnie

REALESALVAGE

Jun 25, 2010
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse, Pulse 8, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capthawk said:
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
In the real world,Treasure hunters do it for the money, and they don't
give a S--T where it came from !!!

That is very offensive and also untrue.

Wishing the salvors good fortune and good weather :icon_thumleft: - we are all enriched by what is recovered from the sea.

Bonnie

Well said Bonnie,
I also take offense to this remark as I do not do this to get rich!!! I do this to do what I love and the thrill of the historical chase. I love to discover History and share what has been lost with the world... The thing is if I was rich I would do this with my own money for free and donate all my proceeds Artifacts,Silver, and Gold to historical preservation for museums world wide for our future generations to see...
Troy

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'd buy a used tire from that guy...

AquapulseBill

Dec 20, 2010
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B-Compact
ARS will announce its first Chief Financial Officer after the first of the year.
Although ARS has operated up to this point without a CFO, ARS president Robert H. Pritchett III says that the company is now in the stage where one is needed. “Recent events have indicated the need to fill the position of CFO in the immediate future in order to meet all our paperwork and other contractual obligations in a timely fashion. Everything is going well; we have just had a few unnecessary delays that we would like to avoid in the future as we move forward with our work.”

William K. Seliger – ARS VP-Operations

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello everyone

I will be in Miami Fl from the 6th of Jan until the 19th of Jan if anyone has a interest in ARS project in the DR

We are looking for investors/Partners please look at www.arsdr.com

I will also have additional information with me if someone has a interest
Thanks
Happy Holidays and be safe
ARS CEO Robert H Pritchett

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Robert, wish you luck. It looks like you have a good team in place. Have you considered sub-contracting any sites in your area out to others ? I'd like to talk to you about that if I can make it to Florida by the 19th.

AquapulseBill

Dec 20, 2010
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B-Compact
ARS has rescinded its Letter of Intent with Seafarer Corp. effective December 29, 2010. ARS president Robert H. Pritchett III announced that ARS has not been able to come to mutually agreeable terms with Seafarer and all ARS board members and advisors are against doing the deal as proposed by Seafarer. Pritchett stated, “ARS has good management and advisors who understand this business and what it takes to be successful. As much as ARS needs long term funding, we know what we have, what our potential is. We have a plan and will stick to our plan.”

cofresi

Greenie
Feb 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand DR is no longer allowing foreign compnaies to explore their wrecks. Is this true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread