Dominican Republic Government Awards Exclusive Salvage Contract to ARS

veryoldthunter

Greenie
Aug 26, 2010
Some news from the DR!

Dominican Republic – Anchor Research & Salvage, S.R.L. (ARS) has entered into an agreement with the Dominican Republic Oficina Nacional de Patrimonio Cultural Subacuático. The contract gives ARS the exclusive rights to explore and archaeologically recover historic shipwrecks along an undisclosed stretch of the Caribbean Sea on the island nation’s south coast.

According to government officials, this is the first time that such a contract has been granted for the area.

Robert Pritchett, president of ARS, says his company will be working under the direction of the Oficina Nacional de Patrimonio Cultural Subacuático and professional Marine Archaeologists Dr.Lubos Kordac and Dr. E. Lee Spence. Both have written books on the island’s shipwrecks.

ARS will be using state-of-the-art remote sensing equipment to survey the contract area, and a specially designed Geographical Information System (GIS) will be used to map discoveries. All of ARS’ survey, archaeological, and GIS data will be shared with the government.

Under a preliminary agreement, ARS has already located a number of shipwrecks through research & exploration of the lease area,

For Robert and the management of ARS this is a lifestyle, not a job. The members of ARS have dedicated their lives to archaeologically sensitive exploration, rescue. and preservation of historical shipwrecks.

ARS’ discoveries and other developments will be posted on the company’s website at www.arsdr.com.

Robert has been personally funding this project, but now expects to raise additional working capital.

Contact Information:
Robert Pritchett [email protected] or (809) 299-3483.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
great it finally seems someone finally gets to work some wrecks . -- now of course they have to be "unknown" wrecks -- since if they are prior spanish stolen booty vessels filled with gold or silver gotten from forced slave labor used in mines in south american countries under spanish military control at the time , spain will try to nose in on the deal.

to me spain claiming those wrecks --- would be like the nazi's (if they still existed-and ran germany)-- saying -- well we know we lost the war BUT we should get to keep all the money and art works and things of value we plundered in europe during WW2 --after all we took it as "booty of war" when we were in military control of the areas at the time.

however since the wealth was stolen from EUROPE rather than SOUTH AMERICA -- plus it was stolen during modern times rather than long ago === folks seem to treat it differantly ( living people that are still alive want their treasures back in europe and being the nazi's lost are trying to hunt the art works and money and valuibles down)

giving spain those treasure wrecks is rewarding their past bad acts -- acts of forced labor , and slavery and military explotation --if anyone other than the salvors who find it * have a % "claim" on it --it should be by rights the countries it was "looted" from in the beginning -- -- not spain

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan get over it mate ! So It's fine for a treasure hunter to claim, as you say STOLEN booty from forced slave labor, Stolen from
the Americas. DEALING IN STOLEN GOODS ? Interesting
I agree give the salvor's their costs but what percentage would they be happy with? It should all go back to the country it came from, less costs.
You would find treasure hunters would not even bother!!! In the real world,Treasure hunters do it for the money, and they don't
give a S--T where it came from !!!
Disease caused more death's in the Americas, and the sword was only a small part as with any conquering country, not GAS OVENS
Just as Spain was conquered by Rome, the Romans didn't bring flowers and gifts and asked if they could take over :dontknow:
I don't have any problem with treasure hunters, I have a problem with you using Spain as an excuse.
You don't have a problem living in a occupied country that was taken by force, Your ancestors came from Europe :icon_scratch:
You are a smart man ivan, I like reading your posts but for man that reads history you are forgetting your own.
Ossy

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello,

ARS lease area is on the south coast of the Dominican Republic, very close to Haitian border. This area has never been searched before and it is known that not only Spanish mechant ships sailed these waters but also many pirate ships were waiting there in ambush for their victims and some English and French merchant ships were recorded to be lost in this area as well. I have been working with Bobby for the last one and half year and he was intensively getting all the possible information about this area. I know that he has got the exact location of couple of historical shipwrecks already, which will greatly save time and money when salvage operations start. I hope (I do not want to say I am almost sure) that we will surprise you guys with some nice discovery very soon.....

Regards.....

Lobo (Bobadilla)

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Comfortably numb,

THANKS! I have been waiting for that moment to get into some wrecks again! I am pretty anxious about the job waiting for me and I cannot wait to get wet again. I am well aware of the inmense possibilities of this area.....

Best regards,
Lobo

Shorty81

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2010
NEWS Release!!!!

Seafarer Exploration Corp. (OTCBB: SFRX) announced today they have retained Robert H. (Bobby) Pritchett III the CEO of Anchor Research & Salvage to assist Seafarer locate and review a joint venture, merger or acquisition opportunity. Seafarer wishes to expand its business model to salvage in the Caribbean. Mr. Pritchett, the author of multiple books on treasure hunting, is very experienced in the Dominican Republic for exhaustingly researching numerous shipwrecks around the Island. Mr. Pritchett’s company has recently been awarded a thirty (30) month salvage permit which covers approximately ninety (90) miles of coast line in the Dominican Republic. More information about Anchor Research & Salvage, including his books, can be found at www.arsdr.com.

Kyle Kennedy CEO of Seafarer commented, “We are very pleased to be working with Mr. Pritchett who we believe is an expert in the industry to help us increase share holder value. His vast knowledge on hundreds of wrecks and his relationships with other permitted companies
should benefit our company.” Robert Pritchett stated, “I look forward to assisting Seafarer with their desire to expand in the Caribbean. I feel they share the same passion for discovery and high level of integrity which it takes to succeed.” :hello2:

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
Shorty81, you're intentionally trying to weave the (2) pieces of news into one, which in my opinion, is unfair to the parties involved. Mr. Pritchett's fantastic deal and contract in the DR is not relative to Seafarer from what Seafarer they themselves announced. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

The point is being missed here. Seafarer specifically announced;

"Seafarer Exploration Corp. (OTCBB: SFRX) announced today they have retained Robert H. (Bobby) Pritchett III the CEO of Anchor Research & Salvage to assist Seafarer locate and review a joint venture, merger or acquisition opportunity."

SFRX did not announce a partnership in the (30) month contract in the Dominican Republic. They said they "retained" Mr. Pritchett, not merged with him, not partnered with him, etc.

The announcement released by SFRX on this subject is only propsecting. It's not hunting as of yet and did not have provisions in it that said anything more or anything less.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Anchor Research & Salvage SRL is days away from finishing part of
Phase "A" of our lease contract to search for and recover lost historical shipwreck treasures in our lease area in the Caribbean. Phase "A" requires a six month survey of our lease area with an accompanying final report.

Although we can move into Phase B at anytime ( and continue phase A ) we will need all boats and equipment in place before we do that for security reasons

Our lease started October 18, 2010, so this is an ongoing effort, but in a few days we will have the preliminary report. We are working day and night, seven days a week to get this done.

At this time ARS is looking for a partner with immediately available funds
and a desire to begin work immediately so ARS can meet contract deadlines.

Please visit our site at www.arsdr.com for additional information

Thank you

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody,

I would just like to confirm what my friend "Black Duck" stated in his post..... I am in contact with Bobby Pritchett practically every day, I am part of his team and I can only confirm that his lease area is just UNBELIEVABLE! Never explored before by anybody it lies exactly in the routes of Spanish galleons that were sailing from the New World to Santo Domingo during the first decades of the Spanish Conquer. Bobby could indeed start digging right away and start bringing up some goodies but he wants to do his job correctly like it should be done, it means first to survey carefully the whole area, to know about every possible treasure spot and THEN to pick up the most valuable one and when he finishes it, to move to target number 2 and so on, so on. You can come and see by yourself and you will be amazed!

Best regards,
Lobo

CaptainJimMims

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
Upper Caribbean Sea
Detector(s) used
Aqua Scan
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am the privileged individual that has been chosen as the Captain for the Anchor Research & Salvage endeavours in the Dom. Rep.
Having known Robert Pritchett III since 1992, I can personally confirm that he knows what he is doing is right. I know it is too.
Both environmental and preservation concerns as well as safety and security are all top issues on our daily tailboard. I've served the sport, commercial and military diving industry my entire adult life. It is a pleasure to work along side Mr. Pritchett and I look forward to the tremendous success of this and other future projects. The Team the Robert has assembled for the Dom.Rep. recovery was made by selecting offshore operation experts. Using a vast array of electronics, modifications and techniques to allow work under mostly adverse conditions, ARS has made some incredible discoveries in the past 4 months alone. From what I've seen so far, the success of the ARS is a slam dunk. There is so much, much more for us to accomplish. It seems there is no shortage of wrecks to explore, identify and catalog.
I brought the 29' Pro Sport over in May of this year from Pompano Beach, FL to P. Plata, D.R.
I stopped every 170 miles for rest, fuel, ice and things to eat and drink along the way.
It will be my pleasure to deliver the 99' R/V Osprey from Miami to the D.R. once the deal is sealed.
If you only knew how great it is working for a guy that cares about improvements that will benefit all of the local
population there. From the plans for a first concrete poured boat launch site to aide the fishermen, military, police and boaters of the SW area to the construction of a secure area with housing for marine archeology professionals and a preservation lab for
sensitive artifacts, Robert has the right ideas. I look forward to posting more on this forum as we proceed.
My family history dates back to the Knights of Templar days in England. As a 3rd Degree, Master Mason myself...traveling to the east, in search of light, I can't help but feel the past is drawing me near. This is truly an exciting time.
God Bless those whom seek his Kingdom.
To this group, A Merry Christmas to All.
Semper Deep,
Cpt. Jim Mims

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
ivan get over it mate ! So It's fine for a treasure hunter to claim, as you say STOLEN booty from forced slave labor, Stolen from
the Americas. DEALING IN STOLEN GOODS ? Interesting
I agree give the salvor's their costs but what percentage would they be happy with? It should all go back to the country it came from, less costs.
You would find treasure hunters would not even bother!!! In the real world,Treasure hunters do it for the money, and they don't
give a S--T where it came from !!!
Disease caused more death's in the Americas, and the sword was only a small part as with any conquering country, not GAS OVENS
Just as Spain was conquered by Rome, the Romans didn't bring flowers and gifts and asked if they could take over :dontknow:
I don't have any problem with treasure hunters, I have a problem with you using Spain as an excuse.
You don't have a problem living in a occupied country that was taken by force, Your ancestors came from Europe :icon_scratch:
You are a smart man ivan, I like reading your posts but for man that reads history you are forgetting your own.
Ossy
You just don't get it do you ? If Spain wanted this stuff they should spend their money & their time, make their own deals with the countries where it's located, and look for it themselves. They have NO right expecting to have it handed to them after someone else has done all the work to find something the Spanish government isn't bothering to look for. Is that simple enough ? I guess what blows me away the most though is that people in our own government go along with this insanity because of backroom deals most of us never hear about. If something has been lost for a long period of time & the people who lost it haven't looked for it (no matter who they are) it rightfully should be "finders keepers" Just my opinion.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
NHBandit, I think you are misinformed. Spain gets nothing that is salvaged in the DR. The DR gets 50% and the permit holder gets the other 50% of what they recover. Spain gets 0 %.

CaptainJimMims

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
Upper Caribbean Sea
Detector(s) used
Aqua Scan
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No need for any countries to get their panties in a bunch...
They can bid on Christies like every one else when it comes time to
getting the things they want. Really, it's a no brainer.
The history goes to the highest bidder. Nuf said.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
old man said:
NHBandit, I think you are misinformed. Spain gets nothing that is salvaged in the DR. The DR gets 50% and the permit holder gets the other 50% of what they recover. Spain gets 0 %.
As it should be if that's the agrement that was made. My comments were directed towards those who seem to think Spain is entitled to everything of value they once had in their posession no matter how they got it in the first place or how long ago it was lost. Should the Roman coins that are always being found in the UK be returned to Italy too ?

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody,

It is truth that salvage company gets 50% and Dominican government gets 50% from everything that will be found. If Spain wants to claim something (which I deeply doubt), they should deal with the Dominican authorities, not with the comany that got the lease. Once the lease is issued, it is over, it is exclusive right to the respective company for all the wrecks in their territory, of course under the conditions that they follow the terms of the contract. The area of ARS is full of early Spanish galleons loaded with treasures but... it's always the same song... the treasure lost on board of these galleons were almost always stolen artifacts from Mayan, Aztec or Incas Empires, silver or gold coins minted in actual Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico or Guatemala. Who has the right to these artifacts, gold and silver? Which actual country? And how about pirate ships? Waters of the lease area of Bobby Pritchett were infested with corsair, pirate and buccaneer ships for decades and quite a lot of them are on the sea bottom there as well. Who will declare the treasures still on board of these ships? It is so easy for Spain to wait with crossed hands that somebody else would do all the work, research, spend thousands of hundreds of dollars in investments, time and efforts and when something valuable is found, to start shouting and threating that everything belongs to them. By my opinion, the shipwrecks belong to the country in which waters lie and if it the salvage operations are done correctly (it is sometimes unfortunatelly another issue...) it can be in favor of the history and enrichment of knowledge of the whole planet (of course I do not speak here about the international convention about war ships). Dominican government with almost no proper funds available for these kinds of operations tries everything possible to help these projects because they know that many of the recovered artifacts will finally end in the local museums or museums somewhere in the world and that this will be also indirect promotion of this country and its abundant history that was related for centuries also with Spain.

Regards,
Lobo

FirstIn

Dec 20, 2010
The Dominican government does not view treasure hunting lightly in their country and it is certainly more interested in the archeological aspects of shipwrecks. Bobby Pritchett has been pursuing this lease for years and he got the lease because he proved to the Dominican government that he is a responsible person who is good to his word and promises. He has done his research (at his sole expense) and knows very well what he is doing. Just like all the other endeavors in his business life, Bobby will succeed at finding and identifying important shipwrecks on the south side of the island.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well Ossy this blows your opinion away mate! These treasure hunters are NOT doing it for the money. They are interested in the history, the archaeology and helping the local community.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread