Treasure hunter finds ancient pistols in Dominican waters

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Rivalty in this business will never end..... Lot of money is in game (investors' money). I can say from my personal experience that information from local fishermen is one of the most important ones in searching for some shipwreck but you have to be extremely careful. One information out of ten from this source is worth something but you must try all. ALL TREASURE HUNTERS in the Dominican Republic have been used fishermen as prime information in their search for years and they will always do. But Dominican fishermen of today are not stupid, especially if they see big ship with strange equipment and white men on board, and I would be surprised if they would give away in this case some valuable information just for one hundred dollar bill.....

Regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Looks like a nice artifact. I hear there are a lot of Historical Wrecks in the DR. I didn't see any mention of a lot of treasure being found as was in this Companies PR several weeks ago. Did they find any????

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Trond and Old Man,

Yes, there are PLENTY OF historical shipwrecks in coastal waters of the Dominican Republic, both on the northern and southern coast. North coast has been systematically researched during the last decades by boys of Rick Berry, Burt Webber, Wilf Blum and Tracy Bowden, southern coast, especially west of Santo Domingo, was almost forgotten. Many treasure shipwrecks are still waiting to be discovered here.

Best regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I found something very similar on a wreck in the virgin islands. it turned out to be bar shot. I hope his turns out better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread