St Augustine research

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ribaults wrecked fleet is at the cape.Ive seen the timbers and ribs sticking up out of the sand when the dunes got washed away from the 4 hurrycanes.I got snapped off bronze deck spikes out of some of them.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
St. Aug's my hometown... I'm going down this Christmas to visit relatives, perhaps do a bit of low-tide surf detecting on the remote north end of the park (c'mon BIG, ERODING, HEAVY SURF!).

If you want me to look anything up at the Historical Society while I'm down there, lmk. I'll be heading over there anyway to check out some other stuff.

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
LSM,

you also check with NPS,, There somewhat slow handing out research
on French Fleet, but you will get it. along time ago. I read a great story on the Fleet.

There's a magazine called: American Digger .. I can't remember which issue either in 08/09
But the author did, an outstanding story on Ribaults wrecked fleet. His collection was something else!!!
Buckles, Buttons, Coins, He did some great research!

Here's the Website: www.americandigger.com.. If write to them.. They can send you that story..

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sapper23 said:
LSM,

you also check with NPS,, There somewhat slow handing out research
on French Fleet, but you will get it. along time ago. I read a great story on the Fleet.

There's a magazine called: American Digger .. I can't remember which issue either in 08/09
But the author did, an outstanding story on Ribaults wrecked fleet. His collection was something else!!!
Buckles, Buttons, Coins, He did some great research!

Here's the Website: www.americandigger.com.. If write to them.. They can send you that story..

They have nothing online.

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
B L,

either email, or call.. they will send the issue.. I can't recall which issue,, but
just tell them what story your looking for, they have good records of everything

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
Just another spot to check.....last beach entrance at Matanzas....MD 300 yards to the left and 300 yards to the right. Happy Hunting.. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread