somethings I have been reading ...

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: PIRATES should keep the booty close and their enemies in their cannon sights! If you say nothing of your intentions it is hard to catch you. Being capable of something is differant than being caught doing it because you trusted the wrong person. Nothing said will come back to bite you as long as it is said to no one! :thumbsup:
I dive, fish, snorkel, swim, collect sea shells and dive for lobster. None of these activities are against the law. Yes, I do have underwater metal detectors and all sorts of underwater gear. I also have the ability to cruise to anywhere I happen to want to go. Does that mean I cruise to Cuba or dive for Spanish gold? Having the ability to do something is not the same as doing it. You have to prove something is being done before you can stop it. How can Big Brother watch us all?

Here is a little story I read. It may not be word for word but it gets the idea across;

A general was being interviewed by a female reporter. She was questioning him on the rifle range being used to teach young children how to shoot. The reporter asked the General why he would teach children how to be killers. The General responded that giving the children the knowledge and tools to do something does not make them into killers. Then he asked the reporter if she was a "Hooker". She looked at him in disgust and replied, "Certainly not!". The General said "Well, you certainly have the tools and knowledge to do it". :laughing7:

Attachments

• Captured 2008-11-24 00000.jpg
    Captured 2008-11-24 00000.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 507
  • Captured 2008-11-24 00000.jpg
    Captured 2008-11-24 00000.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 500

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
handy said:
SO LETS ALL JUST BREAK THE LAWS WE DONT LIKE??????????????? :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

No. There are some laws we might not like but should follow nevertheless.

We should only break laws that are stupid.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handy
I did not mean to say I condone breaking the law, however I thought the story about the General was great.

A general was being interviewed by a female reporter. She was questioning him on the rifle range being used to teach young children how to shoot. The reporter asked the General why he would teach children how to be killers. The General responded that giving the children the knowledge and tools to do something does not make them into killers. Then he asked the reporter if she was a "Hooker". She looked at him in disgust and replied, "Certainly not!". The General said "Well, you certainly have the tools and knowledge to do it".

Seahunter

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
There are laws being passed on a regular basis that if challenged, would be found unconstitutional. In our area of interest, I wonder how many of these self serving regulations dreamed up by certain bureaucrats would stand up in court. Of course, as with many interested parties, we don't have the funds to fight what our tax dollars have instituted. Therefore, we become criminals as we try to follow the American dream.
Aquanut

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
hey thanks - due to a search for Juan Perez Guzman (google books)
have added a few more to my "things I am reading"as example:

The Buccaneers in the West Indies in the XVII century By Clarence Henry Haring

Rely on google translate for spanish stuff :-[ - interesting if you search using the Spanish/French/Italian terms or names instead of English - increases the results - try it with say Farnese and Farnesio for you 1715 Fleet guys - even with Wiki pages makes a difference

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread