Which 1715 fleet ships have not found yet?

P

peg legged

Diving Doc,
I can send a scan of one of the gold coins-both sides but have no idea where to send it. I could post the Scan on the forum but have no idea how to do this.
After digging a little deeper I was informed this was from 1558 (Gold Escudos of Phillip II)
BUT-there is always a BUT ::) after looking at the shield and what Mel Fisher has for a comparative diagram of three different coat of arms of Phillip II does not match with what Fisher is showing. There is little doubt that these coins are Escudo II because of the gold content and the weight which is on average about 6.5 grams.
Another BUT-there is no writing and no date.
AND the Shield has 3 lines on the left side of the bottom instead of only 2 lines. Everything else matches-to a point that is.
Thanks
Peg Leg

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
WD1715 and GDF:

Thanks for your very interesting earlier information.

Peg Leg

Fascinating! I hope you find a way of posting some pictures for us.

Mariner

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Peg Legged,

Posting pics is simple:

1. Make sure the scan of the coins are in .jpeg format, and save them to your computer.
2. Make sure they are no more than 128 kilobytes. You can do this by using photo manipulation software like Adobe Photoshop, or cheaper types that come with digital cameras. You can also find freeware versions online.
http://graphicssoft.about.com/gi/dy...=graphicssoft&zu=http://www.gimp.org/windows/
this is the website for GIMP. A very god freeware photo editor.
3. When you hit the Reply Button, look at the bottom of the page where it says "Add Images"
4. Click the "Browse" Button and find the location on your computer you saved the image.
5. Double-Click on the image, so that the browse box disappears and the location shows in the box to the right of the "Browse" Button.
6. From here, it's just like posting any other reply.

If you still have trouble (most people find it hard to get the picture the proper size), just email me the picture. I can size it and post it for you in a few minutes.

Good Luck-Mike

C

Campy

Jimi D Pirate said:
The "Nustra Senora de la Concepcion" for sure! She is still out there waiting
??? I was unaware that a vessel went down in 1715 by that name. I do know that the (or perhaps 'a') Concepcion went down in 1638 off of Saipan. ???

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Campy said:
Jimi D Pirate said:
The "Nustra Senora de la Concepcion" for sure! She is still out there waiting
??? I was unaware that a vessel went down in 1715 by that name. I do know that the (or perhaps 'a') Concepcion went down in 1638 off of Saipan. ???

Yes it was part of the Tierra firme fleet C/O Antonio de Echeveriz that wrecked in the east coast of Floridam in 1715.

Best,

Chagy........

C

Campy

diving doc said:
You guys have any idea of how many Concepcions, Carmens, Trinidads, etc. etc. the Spanish had???

Doc
No, I didn't - but I'm learnin'! :)

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Campy said:
diving doc said:
You guys have any idea of how many Concepcions, Carmens, Trinidads, etc. etc. the Spanish had???

Doc
No, I didn't - but I'm learnin'! :)

Same goes with Santiago, Capitana, Almiranta etc. there is a few of them all over the place....

Best,

Chagy........

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 413

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread