I got a problem!

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
I wanted to start a topic on the water submersibles that are used to locate and examine points of interests underwater, mainly the unmanned ones. I know theres a name for them but I know nothing about them or how to construct one that might be able to reach a depth of about 25-35 feet.

See I am looking into a area of interest that I want to explore, however as luck would have it its smack-dab in a lake, thankfully only in a fairly shallow area, anyways...

I was wondering if any one here has any knowledge of these remote controlled (unmanned) submersiable and how to construct a relatively simple and light weight design for a purpose of reaching a depth of 25-35 feet.
The water conditions are slightly murky but there is no current at all through the lake.
There is no diving allowed in the lake I already checked about that, so I need to somehow check the location to even see if I'm at all right or completely off base.

I'm not talking high-tech stuff just something that will do the job.
Any thoughts or knowledge on the issue?

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why an ROV at 30 feet? Scuba? Hooka? Underwater Camera on a cable? Just wondering.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I bought a cheapy underwater camera off ebay and wiretied it to a lead divers weight. it did ok dragged behind my small fishing boat.

OP
OP
GoldBack

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
Thanks for all the great advice and info/opinions its greatly appreciated. If you can think of anything else post away :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions