Any news on Indianrocks Beach Treasure finds?

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cornelis 816 said:
Well , it is three in the morning here in Holland . I am going to bed right now . No takers so far . Let's see what tomorrow brings ! Cornelius
Cornelius and Ed,
I'm game for it If you'll have me. I have boats, What size depends on when you want to put this together. Right now I have an 18' and a 20' By late spring I hope to have my 28' together. In this area I would not recommend a boat with blowers, The beach is lined with houses and hotels, You start blowing holes and you are gonna attract alot of unwanted attention.
Jeff

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Jeff . It takes a few guys to brainstorm on this . If a few of you get together and make some plans based on the situation at the location , I will play ball . This could be a nice project . Especially since I had my adventure in Cedar Keys , I am all for this one . You have to realize though that I am not so familiar with the local conditions . So you have to clue me in on these conditions . There are wrecks out there . I know , and Ed knows . So let's get some of them . Cornelius

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Cornelius, I agree with Jeff about a boat with blowers at that location. I also had the same thought when you mentioned using blowers. There are house on the beach in that area. I think it would bring too much attention to a project that we would like to keep a low profile on.

I will sent you an email with the address of were the gold coins were found. That you can google earth the site and get a general idea of what we have to deal with. I believe I sat with Jeff at the Orlando get together over the summer. I think he would be a good addition to the project.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Old Man,
Jeff will be a good addition to the project. I know him well. Pete told me about this thread Sunday and I've been monitoring it since. I am interested in the hunt, however, unlike my cookouts where everyone is invited, I think we may want to be a little careful with this one. Call me when you get the chance.
Aquanut

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
aquanut said:
Old Man,
Jeff will be a good addition to the project. I know him well. Pete told me about this thread Sunday and I've been monitoring it since. I am interested in the hunt, however, unlike my cookouts where everyone is invited, I think we may want to be a little careful with this one. Call me when you get the chance.
Aquanut

John, Just got home and read your post. I already spoke to you earlier this morning. Apparently we have the same concerns as we discussed earlier. I think this is going to be a great adventure. For anyone interested in the Adventure I want you to contact Cornelius or Aquanut. They will be instrumental in putting a good team of guys together. :icon_pirat:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ED,

Im in,you all know what i have and have access to.Ed give me a call sometime this week.

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
hey fisheye you left me a message i called back ..i never did catch up with you ..what can i do for you

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just reading since it's here in my area...

Bran <><

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is an area inh Treasure Island, FL called Paradise Island. The picture below is an aerial photo of Paradise Island Taken in 1951 showing a ballast pile from a Spanish Galleon.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,046

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is the same island after the developers got a hold of it. The ballast pile is now below a house!

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 947

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go down there and see if the house is for sale,if not make a offer.You could bull doze the house and dig for your own treasure.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor,

How'd it manage to get over to the inlet side? The same hurricane that washed away the area a little north of that spot perhaps?

Bran <><

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
I have followed this thread with curiosty,and even checked the area and it looks like a nice palce to live. Now I am in Nevada,and I am here for a while,but my gut feeling tells me to start a search would be where the first coins were found, and move out from that point. Gold coins that size and weight dont move far from there original location easly.My guess is there are more buried within a close proximinty of the original X.Gd luck to those wise enough to go fast and search.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bran no one knows the details about this wreck. It could have gone in thru Blind Pass to seek shelter from the storm. One man found treasure on the wreck and salvaged it back in the 1930's. Also, silver coins have been found on the beach across from the Thunderbird Motel in Treasure Is. Thats how the island got its name.

OP
OP
Reef Dawg

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
Wow, in starting this query, I had no idea there would be
this kind of interest. There's been some facinating reading
above and now my interest is more than peaked. Old Man,
Cornelius, Fisheye and the rest, count me in.

Reef Dawg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is no immediate plan to pump sand on those beaches until 2012. So for a year at least its safe. The tiny towns that make up the islands all want to have the sand pumped, but dont want to put up the money. The State plans for 2012. I am sure there are wrecks all up and down the West Coast. I have looked for a few without much success, but I do know there are some out there. I have been by boat all the way from the panhandle to the Keys, many times, and there is a lot of area to cover. And nearshore, the sand is deep. My dad found a Spanish wreck on this coast back in the early 60s, when a storm uncovered it. He tried to salvage the huge anchor off it (he had a dive shop in Venice, and had cannons and anchors outside, museum inside) but just about sunk his boat, which was a retired wood PT boat from WW2. He had successfully recovered several in the Keys, with 2 smaller boats, but this one was much bigger. I have been back with my dad, and never found it. I know where that wreck is approximately, but sand has covered it every time I go. I know of another that was exposed by a storm, fairly accurately, but same thing, always covered with sand since. Both those are close to shore, and in less than 20' of water. South of Tampa Bay.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
Bran no one knows the details about this wreck. It could have gone in thru Blind Pass to seek shelter from the storm. One man found treasure on the wreck and salvaged it back in the 1930's. Also, silver coins have been found on the beach across from the Thunderbird Motel in Treasure Is. Thats how the island got its name.

Yeah, I knew how the area got its name... though I was unsure about the verified findings which lent itself such a name.
I talked to a guy at my church last Summer that found an 8 reale on the south side of the Skyway. That really fascinated me since he found it in ankle-deep water, and the DeSoto landing site probably isn't very far away. There's just so many possibilities for this area... I just love our side of the state. :)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread