Any news on Indianrocks Beach Treasure finds?

dagfoto

Oct 9, 2009
comfortably numb said:
dagfoto said:
while making room for the new Christmas stuff.. I ran across these in storage;...

1879 Coastal chart of Tampa Bay, some kind of old reprint that's been here fir 15 years or more..
good condition - minor edge dings.. about 3 ft x 3 ft.

So if anyone wants to go 'hunting' , here is a good place to start ..

PM me if your interested (paypal $$ is OK)
Dagfoto,
Not trying to cut in on you selling stuff.
But You can go to NOAA's site and veiw or download the same chart for free.

no problem .. like I said .. this was 15 years ago .. the "Net" wasnt as developed then as these days..

here is more also

http://scholar.library.miami.edu/floridamaps/florida_large_and_small.php

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Are there some of you that got together on this venture ? I am anxious to hear about the plans and who is going to participate ? I hope this is not a loose cannon ! Cornelius

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cornelius we're not going to do anything until Old Man gets down here. Right now we are waiting until the holidays are over and it warms up a bit! We already have our group established.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
It's good to hear that Salvor . Old Man will be there in due time . I am looking forward to hear something more about the group you guys have put to gether . Better to send me a PM , than to give the details here on the net . Cornelius

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
1584 --- 8 Escudos ??????hmmm I know it only takes a few to recover treasure but if you guys need any help, i'm not far from you, and would love to work on the night crew?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Cornelius, I will be down there sometime in January. Aquanut and I will travel to the location. Take pictures of the area, get some nautical charts and put an Operations Plan together. Then John will have a meeting with everyone. Get input from those involved at the meeting and he will get a copy of everything to you, along with everyones suggestions. ( I know we have a lot of leaders in this group and I believe in the Old SF concept of getting input from the whole team before finalizing a plan for the Op.) Then we can finalize a plan and set a date . :icon_pirat:
P.S. I don't know who all the members of the team will be. Aquanut is putting that together.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Cornelius, As soon as I John and I return from the location. WE will be sure to Fed Ex you everything. I just have one comment to make. I am not aware of everyone going on the Adventure, but for my two cents. I sure would like to see Terry Armstrong there.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Old Man,
I too would like to include Terry, but I doubt this is his cup of tea. What say you, Terry?
Aquanut

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Aquanut, is this what we're going to be looking for ??

Attachments

• 257_1.jpg
    257_1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 332

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Old Man,
That's it! Pretty ain't it? Thinking positive, I would say this is what we are going to find!
Aquanut

Bluestreak

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello FNG here. I just wanted to revive this post. I live only 15 minutes away from Stump Pass beach near Grove City Fl in Venice FL. I have heard enough stories of spanish coins washing up on the beach to prompt me to visit the area with my metal detector. I am an amateur but any advice is appreciated and if the expedition is still planned for stump pass, Indian Rocks, or Naples, I would like to attend.

Thank you,

Jon

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Jon and welcome to Treasurenet. You probably should have started another thread titled "Stump Pass" since Indian Rocks Beach is over 50 miles north of Stump Pass. I met a guy here on Tnet who found a gold 8 escudo coin at SPass. He is a good friend of Capt. Bill and he sold the coin for $12,000! I went down there last year and the guy showed me exactly where he found the coin. My partner and I scoured the area with our deep-seeker detectors and found nothing. We even had a jon boat and crossed the pass to detect the other side. Just junk there. My advice; wait until after a storm with winds from the west. I think the coins are coming from a wreck offshore.

Bluestreak

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jon and welcome to Treasurenet. You probably should have started another thread titled "Stump Pass" since Indian Rocks Beach is over 50 miles north of Stump Pass. I met a guy here on Tnet who found a gold 8 escudo coin at SPass. He is a good friend of Capt. Bill and he sold the coin for $12,000! I went down there last year and the guy showed me exactly where he found the coin. My partner and I scoured the area with our deep-seeker detectors and found nothing. We even had a jon boat and crossed the pass to detect the other side. Just junk there. My advice; wait until after a storm with winds from the west. I think the coins are coming from a wreck offshore.

Thanks Salvor,

Good news is I have a small fishing boat moored on my lot in South Gulf cove, the bad news is I do not have any underwater detection equipment.

If anyone is interested in a hunt let me know. I am definately game for Stump Pass expedition in deeper waters but no underwater equipment.

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
Stump pass from Indian rocks shows around 93 miles on googles map unless there is one between Bradenton and tampa. I live in apollo beach, so I am game for this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions