The Rainbow Chasers In The Great Florida Treasure Hunt

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the request of several forum members, I have just released Tommy Gore's original "The Rainbow Chasers In The Great Florida Treasure Hunt" as an eBook for you digital folk. It is in Adobe Digital Editions format and can be read on a PC, Mac, or Sony Reader. So far as I know, it can not be read on the iPad, Nook or Kindle without going through a lot of moper dopery and re-formatting via other programs like Calibre, for instance. However, in the Adobe Digital Editions format, it is faithful to the printed edition in every way, including full color, as was the original book. It is also searchable and you can add footnotes and copy text to the clipboard. The Adobe Digital Reader, which is a freebie, is available at the link for the book.

At the moment, it is only available on Lulu (www.lulu.com). In about 30 days, it may be available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble online. Go to Lulu and search for "Rainbow Chasers". Be aware that the file is DRM protected, meaning that you can not buy a copy and sell it to somebody else, or transfer it to another computer.

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Downloaded the E-Book
:read2: Looks like some awesome reading, Now I know why he Named the book with that title, Pretty cool :read2:
Thanks
Daryl

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
As much as I do in the digital world I have never gotten into reading a full book on the computer. But sounds like its formatted nice if its just like the book.

This was one of those books I read cover to cover and the pictures were awesome. An excellent choice for any treasure hunter.

Good Luck,

Robert

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks to you all. I am not usually an eBook person either, having invested a few bucks in my book collection, but, I actually spend more time looking at digital material than I do paper, so, all of us who use a computer know the advantage. Still, I would be sorry to see books disappear, and I am sure they won't.
Whatever the case, you still have to build a digital edition before you can get a printed one off the press these days, so I guess I will take all my titles and release them electronically.

I'm glad everybody enjoys the book like they seem to. I'll have to get Tommy to do another.

Terry Armstrong sends

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
signumops,
Thanks again for the support you give these authors. Fortunately, Comfortably Numb loaned me his copy of the Rainbow Chasers you gave him this year. I met Tommy at Peg Leg's Treasure Expo and neglected to buy a copy then. I'll not make that kind of mistake again. I'm sorry I waited so long to get an opportunity to read it. Talk him into writing another book, I'm sure he can come up with a sequel...
Aquanut

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Aquanut:
Talked to Tommy a few days ago, and when it warms up, I might head his way and collect some more notes for a followup book. Meanwhile, you might be interested to know that I am going to produce two more pretty intense books: one by Dr. Bob Baer on the Jupiter wreck, which should be out before June, and another by Syd Jones on the Atocha/Margarita salvage. Syd and KT worked for Mel for almost 18 years and Syd's book is a real page-turner! Bob's book is the same! Everyone will find both volumes extremely interesting, guaranteed. I'm trying to get both books to the press before summer salvage begins.

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
yes, yes more books!

love my paper ones too - they are the collection - the keepers - but e-books travel well and nothing like taking your collection with you and not worrying about messing up the dust jackets - books are to be read and glad you are going with the options..

will be waiting for more from Tommy Gore -- that could be a series not a sequel!

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
signumops,
That's good to hear. I'll be waiting. I prefer lightweight books to my heavy G5 Mac when it comes to reading in the head.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread