Uboats belize
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2006

Uboats belize

does anyone have any info on uboats that were sunk or scuttled in belize or guatemala waters. thanks capt lee

us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1825 times
    Shipwrecks

Re: Uboats belize

About 9 years ago a British guy advertised a U-Boat for sale in Nicaragua. I called him and he said he wanted $50,000 for the location and salvage rights (which he already had). He said the boat was buried in sand in 18 feet of water with the bow and conning tower exposed. I will try to find my notes with details and post them. He advertised on this forum.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    13377 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I've heard of one or two off Colon, Panama, but that the closest to Belize that I know of.
    Don....

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    13377 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)

U-153:
    Sunk 13 July, 1942 near Colon (Panama), in position 09.46N, 81.29W, by depth charges from the US destroyer USS Lansdowne. 52 dead (all hands lost).

U-654:
    Sunk 22 Aug, 1942 in the Caribbean Sea north of Colon, in position 12.00N, 79.56W, by depth charges from a US B-18 Digby aircraft (US Army Bomb. Sqdn. 45). 44 dead (all hands lost).
    Don....

Sponsored Links