looking for info on Grenada wrecks

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hello again my fellow followers of this great forum,
i have become privy to some information regarding a story by someone we have been in contact with for sometime now, and now it looks as though it is going to develop into one of the projects for me to research.
anyway i wanted to start my inquiry here as to what to expect in the way of gov. policies,anyone work there in the past or present, info on successful permitting etc., and to the great researchers what wrecks would be available for pursuit off the coast of Grenada.
as information comes down the ladder i will update this post.
i look forward to all information and stories :)

99*

I would stay clear, Grenada does not have many vessels of value "it was not part of the routes, usual or otherwise" I have heard of people being locked up there for dicking around, its thin ice with very little return mostly 1800 period, mail packet port and so. Be careful who contacts you about dealings down there, just free advice take it whichever way you choose. 99*

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Hard to believe but there WAS a Mint there at one time that minted gold coins. I think it lasted a little over a year and then was shut down.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
riobravo

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
happy holidays,
well my information has escalated, and it may be an adventure to remember but we more likely than not be starting a project in that direction, from the responses, here or in private, I'm preparing accordingly. hard to get innexpensive loads for the old deck guns.
would like any new info from the gurus.
Ive started permitting and work permits, and working on other logistics.
if delayed anybody need a hole dug on my route. ha ha
probably building a bigger machine for our growing international clientele.
trying to get to you corny. one hole at a time...................

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a positive note - it is a helluvalot safer in hurricane season.

PS - How was Turkey day on the Bravo?

99*

Rio - good luck I find it hard to believe as with all Caribbean islands the permit is painful and expensive they dont ask for money upfront just bleed you while you sit on the dock, I have several friends in Grenada very knowlledgeable - I know they arrested one guy in 2004 in Grenada for working wrecks and have some serious issues, if you manage to get around it good luck dont think there is any value in the sites in fact quite sure, maybe a researcher like Haskins could confim this, also if I recall Froggie was down there before I was born with little or no success, I hope I am not speaking out of turn its a long way for nothing, safe travels pm me for any ideas, stop by for a beer, 99*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions