Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the 2004 hurrycanes someone told me they were at the chucks beach when a kid found the major portion of a ships bell that washed up there.The kid was told to take it to the fisher museum for them to identify it.Nothing more was heard about it.I guess no one will ever know what wreck that one is now unless the bell shows up somewhere.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a small ship would not need too much "ballast" and every square inch of cargo space is money to be earned from carrying cargo --why waste space with "worthless" stones as ballast of one can carry cargo instead -- todays folks got to start thinking like profiet mungering shippers of the 1700's --only cargo stones if your not 100% loaded to the gills with enough "haevy cargo" --if one is carrying a bulky but light in weight cargo --sure carry some stone fer weight --but if one can get enough "weighty" cargo --screw carrying "rocks".

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are able to be on the beach where chuck's stood at the perfect time it is very, very, very possible to walk away with hundreds of 1/2's. the beach is narrow at this spot and when black sand and rocks are exposed it is possible to find them every 4 to 5 steps.
conditions have to be perfect, and if you are not their at low tide right after the storm, the next tide will dump sand back on the beach.
it could also be a dangerous place because of the surge. make sure to have a waterproof detector and a set of eye's on the back of your head.
it will take a real good hurricane to move all the sand that is on this beach now. the wind and waves will have to hit the beach in the right direction for this to happen - thanks to tax payers dollars going to waste.

i lived in sunnyland beach back in the late seventies and have seen many items come from bonsteel park and to the north. some are encrusted and others are not. lots of stuff in the dunes.

oh one other thing-if you dont live in the area or have someone with you that lives beachside expect to go to jail today. times were different back then. my friend still lives up their on the beach and his son has been questioned by the police several times after a hurricane.
if you don't have proper i.d. you will be arrested. even though the police will be metal detecting on the beach and tell you that you are not allowed - they will still do it. my friends son has video of them in 2004. eight police metal detecting and they would walk up to everyone on the beach and ask for id. just be careful and be smart.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the beach after the hurricanes and i never saw any cops.But i will be prepared if and when i do see them with my new hat.Im sure they wont bother me.

Attachments

• MyNewHat.JPG
    MyNewHat.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 304

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
I was on the beach after the hurricanes and i never saw any cops.But i will be prepared if and when i do see them with my new hat.Im sure they wont bother me.
you will need more than a hat to prove who you are!
i can buy that hat at anywhere in florida, and so can anyone else. it looks brand new - maybe you should wear it while you are working to break it in and stop some illegals from entering the country.

hope that permit it up to date$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

oh - one more thing----------don't forget to pay your taxes because 12 million illegal immagrants are depending on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread