help history needed

nkhanjary

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
I am from Oman and I am currently running a small project on exploring the shipwrecks in Oman.

I am currently investigating a shipwreck called Wokan under the National No 060250 & UK No 44058...

I am trying to find out the reason for it sunk & the history of the ship...

The ship registered under the Panama flag...

tried contacting few ship registry companies in Panama but no luck...

I would like your help to point me to the right direction on getting these information....

Here are some of the information that i have on the ship...
http://www.sealegends.net/wokan

would appreciate your help..

OP
OP
nkhanjary

nkhanjary

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Oki,,,

Any one here lives in Panama and knows few people in the ship registry companies???

OP
OP
nkhanjary

nkhanjary

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Mackaydon said:
What is the Panamanian registration number for this vessel?
Don..........

I couldnt find that info,,,

I managed to find the

National No 060250
&
UK No 44058

OP
OP
nkhanjary

nkhanjary

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
These are from the Omani Navy,,,

they are conducting a search for the ship wrecks around Oman to map in case they present any navigation hazard!!!

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Looks to be the wreck of a tanker. I suspect the name of the vessel and date of loss may be inaccurate.

OP
OP
nkhanjary

nkhanjary

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
barney said:
Looks to be the wreck of a tanker. I suspect the name of the vessel and date of loss may be inaccurate.

Actually it is a cargo ship...

The problem here in Oman we don’t have a law protecting these wrecks so there are people who came salvaging its steel plates and selling it :(

I am trying to get few wrecks documented before i head to ministry of heritage with a proposal of protecting these wrecks as part of history... That’s one of the reasons I am doing this…
There are few wrecks that I haven’t dived yet but going to in march… and will need the history of these wrecks as well if I couldn’t find them…

Here are some photos of the wreck,,,

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=41448&id=104452932918758

Visibility was bad that day so I couldn’t take lots of good photos,,, My plan for this summer is to go back and take more photos of the wrecks and try to get a top view of it…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread